-*+ 46 +*-

{ - Be sure to check out my new book 'Too Broken'! - }

-= 8/15/17 =-

-= Edward =-

I tried my best to focus on making Bella's breakfast, but Emmett wouldn't lay off.

"How many rounds did you have?" He asked me. It was as if he had a mental list of questions planned for every time I came home after being gone all night.

Mostly if I was wearing the same clothes I left in.

I sighed. "Two."

"That's it? Damn. I was hoping you could hold out longer than that. What's the point in staying all night if you're only having fun for an hour?"

My face twisted a little, miffed. I had no problem with stamina. I grabbed the Nutella out of the cupboard and looked at Emmett. "Actually, Bella was the one who got tired."

That seemed to take Emmett off guard, and I was hoping the interrogation was over, but he must've had a backup list of questions. He quickly altered the queries he was planning on asking me.

"Did she enjoy it?"

What kind of question was that? Of course she did... but as soon as he asked me, I started to doubt it. What if she was faking? What if she actually didn't enjoy it, but didn't want to hurt my feelings? But I just sniffed and spread the Nutella over the waffles. "Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"How do you know?"

"What?"

"How do you know she enjoyed it, Edward?"

I bit my lip. "I don't know. She made a lot of noises?"

Emmett started laughing, and I frowned again. He was laughing at me.

Luckily, Rosalie entered the kitchen and saved me then.

"Emmett, I missed you," she said, wrapping her arms around him.

I ignored them then, focusing on drizzling Bella's favorite syrup over the waffles. After I decided it was perfect, I grabbed a fork out of the silverware drawer and walked into the living room, sitting next to her.

"How bad was it?" She asked me, looking sympathetic. I shook my head and handed her her breakfast.

"Don't worry about it. It wasn't as bad as last time."

She nodded, and started eating. It was silent for a little while, before my self consciousness got the best of me.

"Did you enjoy it, Bella?"

She froze, a bite of waffle speared on her fork right in front of her mouth. She put it back down on the plate and looked at me, humor dancing in her chocolate brown eyes. "What?"

"Did you enjoy last night?"

She laughed. "What kind of question is that?"

"I'm just wondering,"

"Be serious, Edward,"

"I'm being completely serious,"

"No, you're being ridiculous,"

"Just answer the question."

She rolled her eyes and put her plate on the table, turning towards me. "Why?"

"Because I want to know."

"Yes, Edward. Last night was incredible. Where did this sudden insecurity come from?" She frowned, taking my hand and playing with my fingers.