2-Home, At Last

Graduation was simple. You walk up there, grab the parchment that says you pass, and say some words then sit down again. It is so simple, but how in world can someone mess it up so badly? Lance had tripped on his graduate cloak on the way up, didn't grab the paper, and started to say a whole speech about how much he was lucky to graduate. Not only that, but he had to be ushered off stage and given his degree. 

After him, the professors were anxious for the ceremony to end. Lucky for them, Katie was last and next. She walked up to the stage, cloak closed so that no one could see the dress she hid underneath. With an outstretched hand, she accepted her degree and with a smile, she faced her fellow graduates. Her mini-speech was next. Eyes scanning the crowd, she opened her mouth, "What are you waiting for? WE ARE FREE!"

Cheers erupted from the crowd as people ran out of the courtyard and into the magical carriages that came for them from their homes. Hunk and Lance approached her. With a cocky smile, Lance asked, "my act was far better then anything, am I right? Of course I am." Katie gave him a side glance.

"Yes because yelling that you can have any girl, even ones taken, is an appropriate speech for graduation from an widely-known facility for intelligent teens," Katie said, rolling her eyes. She defiantly wouldn't say that Lance was her favorite person, but the dork is her friend. 

Hunk smiled at the two as he ushered them towards the carriages. He looked at each one before turning to Katie. "Hey, Pidge. Which one is the carriage that will be bringing us home? None of them look like a Altean carriage...," he asked, staring at Katie. She smiled and looked at all the other carriages, which other graduates entered, ready for home.

"Its not here yet, oh, I see it coming," she said, staring at the carriage that was from the castle. Lance and Hunk followed her eyes to see a carriage with a gold winding frame that resembled vines twisting their way up to the top and jet black walls. Hunk had turned to ask Katie about it, but she was gone, she had began to walk towards it as she felt the eyes on her. The carriage landed with a soft thud and one of the doors swung open. Was it supposed to do that? It wasn't...

A body flung itself at Katie and loudly giggled. "Sorry she had the idea to stow away and I couldn't stop her, so I joined her," a mature voice said as Katie's vision was covered by white hair.

"No way...," Katie mumbled as the person on her decided to get off of her and examine her. With disgust in her eyes, Allura looked at the cloak and Katie's hair. She pouted.

"Katie you outfit is horrible and your hair is so short! Do you really expect to be presented to the kingdom of Altea like this?" Queen Allura asked, "where's the dress I sent you?"

Lance had at first thought that Allura was Pidge's girlfriend, but now he wasn't so sure. Wait, presented in front of the kingdom? Dress? Lance was so confused. Why had this lady called Pidge, 'Katie?'

"Allura, I will take the cloak off in the carriage and allow you grow my hair in the carriage-," Katie wispered, allowing Allura to figure out that the dress was underneath her cloak. So halfway through Katie's warning, Allura threw the cloak, revealing the dress hidden underneath. The queen then proceeded to touch Katie's hair and grow it out to her back. "Allura! Can you not listen?"

The whole courtyard stared at the sight. A student at Garrison, who graduated, was a female, a female! Allura realized what she had just done. Hunk was the only one unfazed by the news of her being a girl, but Allura's actions were what surprised him. Lance on the other hand...

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Pidge is a girl? and the name's not even Pidge. Its Katie??? WHAT THE HECK," Lance screeched as he questioned everything that had ever happened up to this point. He felt stupid because he never connected the dots, no matter how girly Pidge became.

"GET IN THE CARRIAGE IN YOU WANT TO GO HOME!" Katie told them as she slipped the tiara on her head and jumped into the carriage. Hunk grabbed Lance's arm, pulling him inside. Katie sat with Shiro and Allura while the two sat in front of them. The ride was filled with awkward silence and Allura's rambling.

"You should tell her the news first, Allura. Then tell her of the presents you have," Shiro told his cousin. Allura gasped as if she just remembered something. How could she forget?

"Katie, we wanted a gift for when you return, so we searched everywhere for your brother and father... We found something, no someone. Katie we found your brother!" Allura said, holding Katie's hands in hers. They found Matt? After seven years, they found Matt? Katie couldn't hold in her excitement. A smile plastered her face and she hugged Allura. Katie then turned around in her seat and hugged Shiro, staying a few seconds longer then her hug with Allura.

"Thank you guys. My brother, how is he? Oh, and Keith, Keith too!" Katie said, excited to return home. Her brother awaited her, after all.

"Keith is fine, he is excited for your return, even if you can't tell by his expression. Matt on the other hand doesn't remember what happened to him. The last thing he remembers is when he was thirteen and searching for you. When we told him that you were returning, he got all excited. There's another thing, he is well taught. He seems to have informational knowledge of the twenty-year-old he is," Allura informed. Katie didn't know to think. Her brother only remembered her ten-year-old self? How surprised will he be when she walks in, seventeen?

"So Pidge is a girl?" Lance asked, looking at the three across from him with 'uncomfortable' practically written across his face. 

"Katie is a girl, yes. How have you not realized when you were friends with her and spent majority of your free time with her and other guy here," Allura asked, confusion seemingly erupting from her skin as she pointed to Hunk. Lance gave her a look. He honestly thought about flirting with her, but after all that talk she was giving to Pidge, she seemed to hold no interest to him.

He didn't chase after something that could never be caught.

I have an essay to finish, a summer homework to finish, and tests to prepare for...  Man school is tiring. HOW I DREAD SCHOOL. At least we got to choose our subject for the informative essay. I chose Alexander Hamilton. And, no, we weren't given a list. We could've picked anything.

ThatOneServant out!