9-Yellow

After supper, Katie stopped Hunk to ask something of him. That something being to go into some ridiculous place and be in an intense state of pain. He was talking to Shay and Gyrgan when she walked up to him.

"I think I have found my life's calling! Cooking! Let's do this again," Hunk said, shaking the two workers' hand. Shay gave a smile similar to Gyrgan's. In fact, when they smiled like that, they looked like they could be related. Katie shook off the new forming question and proceeded to try to get Hunk to get his lion. The lion tugged at Katie's leg again, making her want to scream in frustration.

"Hey Hunk, I have a job for you!" Katie called, loud enough for the others across the room to hear. Lance's face immediately went to sympathy, knowing Hunk's foreseeable future while Allura and Shiro held looks of pity. Keith just continued to gobble down his dessert. Hunk turned to her, not noticing the faces of his fellow inhabitants of the castle. With a smile, he asked Katie what she needed. 

"I need you to go to this place for me to search for an object! There is the cave in the desert district and inside there should be a statue. I want to make sure no one has violated it, will you check for me? I would do it myself, but Keith and Lance are sick! I have to take care of them," Katie asked, knowing that if she gave an excuse like that, Hunk would go. 'Sorry, you have to big of a heart and we need this to happen,' Katie thought to herself.

Hunk's smiled widened as he understood what she wanted from him. "I'll go check this statue. Where is it in the desert district?" he said, waving a goodbye to his new friends as they exited the room, job done. 

Katie gave the lion a moment to respond before she repeated the information. "I think it's near to you home! Coincidence, no?" she said, recognizing the place from all of Hunk's relentless stories of home. Katie found it impossible, but Hunk's smile grew even more at the mention he gets to visit home. 

Hunk wanted to prepare, but Katie had ushered him out of the castle while something irritated her. Hunk thought it was the fact that she wasn't with the sick teens, but it was actually the lion he was going to receive. When he had left, Katie rushed down the halls. Why she seemed like she was going to see her dying son, he had no idea. Maybe she was going to see Matt.

-----

Hunk stared at his family's door. It was tempting to knock and hug everyone inside, but the way Katie made finding this cave sound, it was important that he did this. He was just checking to see if it was violated after all. It wouldn't take long. With a sigh, Hunk walked passed his home and ventured further into the sand-filled land in search of this cave. He covered his eyes so the sand wouldn't find it's way to his pupils as he scanned the cliff that he'd always play around as a kid.

His furthest memory of this place was a year or two before Garrison. He and a girl from the streets used to play around the cliff with imagination so huge, if it was stretched out, it would be greater then the cliff itself. He didn't remember her name, just that he used to call her something along the lines of 'HeyHay'. Now that he thought about it, could Shay be her? They had similar traits and from what Shay told him during cooking, she was from the streets.

During his time thinking, a cave had appeared before him. The cave seemed familiar, as if he'd been inside before. Then his memory came back. The memories the wizard of a father sealed away. Hunk was always attracted to the spot. One time when he was playing with the girl, the cave appeared luring the two inside. Inside the girl had come memorized by the lion head statue circled by water. She had touched it and a growl came from the shadows. In fear, the two fled the cave and away from whatever lurked inside. After that day, he never saw the girl again.

Why would his father seal away that memory? Hunk suddenly became afraid to enter. He did know he had questions for his father. In a two-second decision, Hunk turned around to come back after asking his old man a few questions, but a roar stopped him. He looked back towards the cave as the frightening sound enveloped his senses in a thunderous roar. 

Before he knew it, the ground cracked beneath him, creating a slide that made him enter the downward cave. He whipped past the carved walls and was dumped onto the ground before the statue from his recently recovered memory. His left leg barely touched the statue as dirt flung itself at it, like metal to a magnet. It began to build up, half surrounding his leg in a dirt cage. To him it looked like flakey clay clinging to his leg.

Suddenly, a large lion came in the direction of Hunk and looked down at him. "Welcome, final Paladin," he said and placed his paw on Hunk's leg, covering it completely. The lion dug his claw in the teen's leg. Hunk didn't expect the painless act to become torturous after a few moments, but it did. The silence that had been there was then filled with Hunk's horrid scream.

Well I'm in desperate need of a break. I honestly think I will die this year. If school keeps getting harder, then I'll die. I am calling it. But before then, I'll try my best to finish this before I die off from stress... T^T what is life.

-ThatOneServant out!