22- A Chance

Takashi picked up Katie's limp body. Sweat made her bangs cling to her forehead while pain emitted from her face. She was remarkably warm, despite the fact that her life force fled from her body, like a normal person would a room when they saw a ghost.

They carried her out of the room. When they came to the door that the others waited at, Allura went out first and explained what happened. When everyone was emotionally ready to let Takashi and Katie come out, Takashi stepped through the door. Everyone's eyes were looking at the spot that blood oozed out of on Katie's stomach. Takashi kept his head low, not wanting to see their faces.

Without Katie and Pidge working on how they could get home, things turned disastrous. They tried their best to get the portal to open while Katie stayed in what alien Allura had called a healing pod. 

They ultimately failed, though. The portal refused to open up for them. Takashi walked into the medical bay, which was at the same place as their own medical bay in the castle back home. It was much different, though. He saw a blue tube with Katie inside. Alien Allura said it could take hours before Katie could come out.

He sat down at the foot of the pod, thoughts of earlier running through his head. She couldn't leave him after what happened before she went all suicidal on him. He understood why she did it though. One wrong move and she could've easily cost them their lives. If she had attacked Gritel first, Cirel would've acted and Katie would be unable to attack him. If she attacked Cirel without something to hide her attack behind, either he or Gritel would've noticed and acted. The only way she could get Takashi and Allura out of there alive was to sacrifice herself.

"Hey Katie," Takashi started as he placed a hand on the glass, "Maybe I haven't been... truthful in my years of knowing you... Man, if I could have the chance to tell you, I'll take your time and tell you everything I wish I should've. Like how your smile could make someone feel and all those little small notions and habits I caught onto! Ah, only if." Takashi had regretted many things at this point, but his biggest regret was Katie.

He had kept her at a distance, like a beautiful figure to only be looked upon from a distance and never touched. He had treated her like a antique doll his mother wouldn't allow him to touch in fear that he'd break it. He looked up into her face, peaceful and soft. Unlike before, she didn't seem to be in much pain. He caused this. Only if he hadn't allowed her to leave in the first place.

Only if he had called out to her when she flew off on Green. He had looked back and thought he should stop her, but he didn't. What an idiot he was for not seeing or appreciating what he had. He kept dwelling on the past- dwelling on his mistakes. Why couldn't he move on and choose the right decisions.

"How is she?" Allura asked as she walked in. Takashi turned to her with a sad smile. It'd been six hours and Katie hadn't awoken. Worry had been weighing their minds for a while now and it was beginning to look like Katie would never be at their side again.

"She is peaceful. That's all I can tell. Her wound hasn't been healing at all...," Takashi began as he stood, unable to look at the girl much longer. He gave her one last hopeful glance before turning to Allura. "We should go. We have a portal to open."

Just as he took a step forward, a sound from behind him erupted his senses. A sound of a door siding open and something warm hit his back. With a quick turn, he caught the body that had fallen. Katie laid in his arms, eyes close and wound still raging like before. The pod did nothing, only cease the continuation.

Allura raced to his side to examine Katie. "We need to call the other me. She must know why the healing pod didn't work," Allura said, helping Shiro gently lay Katie in his lap on the floor. She rushed out of the room, leaving the two alone. 

In his arms, Katie began to sweat, her wound beginning to pain her again. He began to panic as blood stained his pants that he took from Shiro's room. Though, you can't really tell since the pants were black.

He clutched her to his chest and began to plead that Allura arrived soon with someone who could help. It took many moments that seemed like forever as he watched Katie's face turn many shades lighter before Allura arrived with the whole crew.

Alien Allura freaked, "I don't know why it didn't work... The pods always work! How did the wound get inflicted?" Takashi and Allura froze at alternate Allura's words. When they explained what happened, they didn't mention Katie self-sacrifice was through her harming herself with her magical abilities. At first Takashi thought that the Green lion would heal her with the ability it had, but instead it vanished unable to stay.

Wait, the lions! Green said both Blue and her could heal. Takashi looked at Lance. "Lance try calling out to your lion. When we were in there, Green appeared and said that both her and Blue could heal. Try making Blue appear!" he said, ignoring alien Allura's question.

"How am I supposed to do that!?" Lance called, panicking. He never called out to his lion from another realm before. He'd wish these things came with instructions.

"Just try feeling like Blue is at your side...," a pained voice started, "Call out to your markings..." Takashi looked at the body in his arms. Katie looked at Lance with one eye while the the other was closed. She clutched the wound with sweat beading her forehead. Everyone went silent and stared.

"Well Lance what are you waiting for!? Hurry up and save the girl!" Allura called, rushing Lance into action. Lance backed up with more panic dancing in his eyes. Keith grabbed his arm to calm him down and Lance suddenly felt more confident.

"I'll try alright!? Just... give me a moment," he said as she tried to reach out to his lion. His mind focused on the markings on his leg, calling forth the abilities he was gifted. It took several tries before his leg began to burn slightly. He went deeper and he saw it- his lion's eyes. He began to feel a new presence at his side, something big and soft. Fur brushed his knuckles and he grew aware that his lion had appeared. "Blue!" he called and wrapped his arms around her neck. "We need your help and we need it now!"

THIS IS A SUPER LATE CHAPTER OMG SO SORRY! You see what happened was I got these amazing books and I couldn't put them down (Still reading one... halfway through) Then bestie spent the night and the weekend became Jamilton weekend lolol. GOMEN!

Anyway, I hope this chapter appeases you and I will try to get another one out today to make you guys happy! Okay?

-ThatOneServant out!