Epilogue

Katie walked in a straight line, her flowery white dress brushing the carpet. It puffed around the waist, making her feel like a princess, though, she was about to become a queen. She followed the petals to the alter where Shiro awaited. The veil lightly weighed on her head and the flowers in her hand prickled her hand lightly. She smiled as Shiro looked lovingly at her with a hint of a blush on his face.

She joined him and intertwined her fingers with his. He smiled as the priest recited from a tiny book. Katie accidentally missed majority of the speech, too busy trying to look like a queen to  the castle's inhabitants. The priest took the crown and placed it on her head- it was gold like Shiro's- and declared that they would kiss to seal the engagement. 

Shiro leaned in and so did she, sharing a gentle kiss before breaking away to the cheer of the onlookers. Behind her Shay and Allura cried as they wailed on each other. Next to them were Hunk and Matt, comforting their lovers.

Behind Shiro was Lance and Keith, wrapped around each other and practically sharing the same breath. Gyrgan, Trigel, and Blaytz cheered from the crowd as Shiro guided the new queen back down the isle. She threw the banquet and Allura caught it, soaking the flowers with her tears.

Katie laughed. She was placed on the throne as subjects filled the throne room. They greeted their new queen with cheers, smiles, and gifts. Katie was now Queen Katie Shirogane, wife of King Takashi Shirogane.

-------------

Katie laid her head on Shiro's shoulder as she watched the two stubs run around playing  knights. Shiro chuckled, sending vibrations through Katie's being in a calming way. She laughed when Malachite came up and pulled her away to be the damsel in distress.

"Oh, mommy is being captured by the evil Uncle Lance and his ferocious husband, Keith!" she called in a fake voice as she draped her arm over her head, leaning against a tree.

"Oh ho? I am the evil Lance and if you don't bring me my money, your mommy will get it!" Lance called, giving an evil villain laugh he'd been working on. Keith joined him at his side and laughed with him, wrapping an arm Lance's waist.

"And I, his ever handsome assistant shall do the deed! Aka: off with her head!" he shouted, waving a fake sword in his hand. Malachite rushed at him, followed by his younger sister, Katelynn. They charged to attack the evildoers when Hunk and Shay swept them off their feet.

"No need to worry! Aunt Shay and I have this handled!" Hunk called motioning for the two to go play with Lily, Hunk's daughter. They saw Lily and her dark mop of hair and ran over to her. Katie got up and hugged Shay.

"How's finally being your own woman?" Katie asked. Shay laughed and looked to where Lily was making flower crowns for a smiling Katelynn and a blushing Malachite. 

"We returned to our hometown to realize that we actually are childhood friends, Hunk and me. We saw something we weren't supposed to, so Hunk's memories were erased and I was taken to the castle to work. Work is all I used to know, but being my own person is amazing. I love spending all my time with my family!" Shay cheered, a smile on her face that rivaled Hunk's.

"Oh, really? That's adorable- I swear you two are Altea's number one married couple!" Katie said, grabbing Shay's hands with hers. Arms wrapped around their necks and white hair clobbered their faces.

"I hope you aren't having a girl discussion without me!" Allura called as she squished the two in a hug, her little boy at their legs.

"Of course not, cousin!" Katie called, careful of the growing belly that Allura held. Allura laughed, aware of her laugh nearly making the other two deaf. Matt joined his wife, sister, and friend with a smile. Katie mirrored his smile. After all the crap she went through, she had found her happily ever after.

Shiro smiled at her across the courtyard. She shot him a wide smile and a wave as Hunk, Keith, Lance, and Matt joined him. They silently watched the girls play with the children while chatting. It was peaceful, something Katie never got to enjoy. She heard purring and turned to see Green, also known as Emerald, cuddling with Black, real name being Charc, over in the corner. Her heart warmed at the sight. She was home and happy.

Hey guys I have news! I published this a day early because tomorrow I will be releasing a new story called The Choices We Make (Jamilton AU). Yes I am stepping out and entering the fanfic world of musicals! I might do a Lams fanfic afterward, but thats for future me to decide!

-ThatOneServant out!