12-What's Next?

"We've been just sitting here for the past hours with nothing to do!" Lance cried, falling onto his lion's back as if she was his bed. Blue and Red were laying next to each other, trying to sleep. Lance always wished that it could be him and Keith. The idea of them cuddling was like heaven on Earth to him. Katie looked up at him from where she beat the life out of a vine doll she made. 

"Lance, you have nothing to do. I'm training and Hunk's practicing his cooking," Katie said, giving the vine bag one more punch before allowing it to dissipate. She watched as the vines quickly retreated back into the dry ground. "Though, we could've thought this out more throughly... Now we first have to stand again."

Hunk looked up at her from his spot in the middle. He stopped flipping to the next page and closed the book. "Should we begin planning our next step against Zarkon?" he asked looking between the two. 

Lance rose his head to see what Katie did. She only looked at the wall in front of her. With a sigh, she slowly turned her eyes to them and sat down. Katie went to say something when Green stood, sensing someone entering the cave. Katie began to hear footsteps coming down the dirt path held up by vines.

Keith appeared in front of them. "Hi," he said, awkwardly rubbing his elbow. Red rose his head, startling Blue a little bit. What did he want?

------

Shiro stared at the wall, his mind filling with Katie. He racked his brain for reasons why she said the things she had that morning. The entire time he'd known her, she had been a mystery to him. At first she did not want to associate when she arrived, but in a matter of weeks she opened up to them. Even after then she did a well job of hiding what she wanted. He remembered many times she had tricked him. 

In all truth, Katie was pretty amazing, her brain was twice as smart as his and she had an amazing personality. Other then those things, Shiro never was sure what Katie was. The girl always kept a piece of her buried within her. She was a mystery to him- a mysterious mist walking around with a glowing smile. That smile was fake with something underneath, but he never knew what. 

When she first came along, Shiro was fifteen. She was almost as tall as him, just off by a one inch. At that time, Shiro had felt little for other people outside his family, so when he heard there'd be a little kid running around, he did not care. Then she came, just as socially awkward and weird as him. At first he wanted to be her everything, but then he realized he should never show anyone all his cards. With a smile, he kept his distance, afraid to show her what others haven't seen. Only Allura knows of that side and that's just because she's the only family he had left. Until his father came back.

Shiro shifted onto his back and looked up at his roof. The bed underneath him felt a little uncomfortable unlike before. Maybe because he's under more stress. He grabbed a string of his hair that was turning white. He's not even close to thirty yet. With a sigh, he left his bed to meet a maid with brown hair outside his room, covers in her hand. 

"I will change your covers," she told him. She entered his room, making her brown hair fly behind her, as long as Katie's. Shiro had an sudden urge to reach for the hair, as if it belonged to Katie even though it was a few shades darker. He walked away, trying to not give in. He was right, his father was an honorable, benevolent man. Katie was a subject he would have to forget. Just like he tried to when she was away in Garrison.

He spotted Gyrgan in the hallway a few feet in front of him. The man held his unusual expression of stoicalness. Shiro stopped, waving at the cook, but the chief did not even notice. Gyrgan only walked on past Shiro and down the hall in the kitchen's direction. Shiro pretended to not notice the things that were happening here in the castle since the leaving of Katie, Lance, and Hunk. Everyone seemed a little down except those who did not know the three in the first place. 

"Hello, Shiro," Allura addressed as she walked up to him, "I was looking for Keith. Have you seen him?" Keith was missing? Allura would've checked all the obvious places before coming to him. Where did Keith go?

"I have no clue. I have not seen Shay either. She is usually with Gyrgan, more so now then ever," Shiro said, thinking of where the two could've gone. Nothing came to mind. Shay was obviously crushing on Hunk, so she wasn't with Keith unless she had to do something for him. Meaning they were most likely off doing separate things.

"Keith is probably off, moping around about the loss of his boyfriend," Allura mumbled to herself, sighing afterward. Shiro looked confused as Allura brushed past him and continued to walk down the halls calling out for Keith.

That didn't answer anything. Shiro ignored what just happen and continued his way down the hallway. He found himself in front of a door with a green sign. He pondered for a moment if he should enter or not. With a quick glance around the surroundings, he opened the door and slipped inside.

It was fairly empty inside, especially on the walls. All except for one. Notes, yarn, and sketches were scattered on the small space. Shiro read one of the green-colored notes. "No traces of disappearance around search site," it said. Next to it was a sketch made of a scene with lush leaves and trees. He recognized it as the place Matt described that he and Katie's father disappeared in. Shiro looked at the others and saw a sketch of Matt and Mr. Holt. 

She had been searching for her family even after everyone told her it was a lost cause. She had gotten way farther then he and Allura had in their search. He and his cousin were lucky to find Matt wondering around, holding a wounded side. Katie had even went as far as to pinpoint a few sites that the two could've been held captive at on a map. Shiro turned away from it, deeming that he had seen enough. The rest of the room was just a simple queen-sized bed, a few cabinets, and a dresser. 

Shiro chuckled at the thought of little Katie in the large bed, probably not even filling up a quarter of the space. That's when he noticed the bay window hanging out over the city. In the distance he could see Katie's old home. Unlike the large bed, the covers on the bay window were ruffled, marking that Katie slept there instead of the large bed. 

Shiro stared out the window for a few moments before turning to leave. He walked towards the door, but curiosity took over as he spotted a little green leather book. It sat next to a framed sketch of Katie and the Holts on the dresser. He did not know why he felt the need to reach over and pick the little book up, but he did.

As soon as he touched it and felt the tough leather, the door opened and someone quickly entered like he was not supposed to be here. Shiro was face to face with Katie's brother. "Hi?" Shiro said, raising an eyebrow. Matt shot him a look.

"Hi?" the shorter man said back, dragging out the word longer than needed.

I'm drowning in HOMEWORK, ugh! I'm also drowning in Voltron, Musicals, Anime, and my own self-pity.

-ThatOneServant out!