4-Hello, Family &... Powers?

The four tried to catch up with the rest of the group, but couldn't even find them in the large castle. In the end, the four just went to go to the hospital wing. Outside the door of her brother's room, Katie felt extremely nervous. She was about to see her brother after seven years and he doesn't even remember it. Will he recognize her? Will he think that she's a stranger? Will he demand to see the real Katie? She didn't know what she would do if that happened. 

With a quick breath, Katie opened the door and went inside. Shiro, Keith, and Lance waited outside for her to finish up. "Do you think she'll be okay?" Keith asked, worried for the fragile girl he knew. Lance's ears listened carefully to the new voice, it was different and defiantly not angle-like, but it drew Lance in. 

Shiro smiled. "She'll be great. Matt is aware that he's not thirteen anymore," the co-king replied, having faith in the girl. Lance was lost in what was happening, so he tried to find something to stare at. There was no decor in the hospital wing, just blank walls. He desperately searched for something, anything to keep him busy until Pidge came out again. 

He noticed the dark, mysterious male from the painting. Lance knew there was another friend of Pidge's accompanying them, but he never gave the person a glance. Now he had the first look at the stranger and it happened to be the person from the art he had stared at. The stranger was also looking at the painting, had he noticed Lance's eyes obsessed with memorizing every frame, every lock of the guy's kid-self? He was just to cute! Now seeing the same person standing in front of him, seven years older, something inside of him wanted the stranger so badly- Lance knew he had to have this guy.

If he didn't, he would die inside.

-------

Katie heard the door click and looked around the room. Two people were in the small space, now staring at her. One was a middle-aged woman standing by a table with medical supplies. She stared at Katie as tears formed in her eyes. The woman had short brown hair and a nurse's uniform on. "Katie?" she said as she went over to her daughter. Katie nodded, opening her arms for a hug as a smile found its way to her face. Her mother hugged her as they both cried. The last time they say each other was a year before Garrison. 

They parted and the young teen looked at the second person. He was sitting in the bed with the covers half-pulled over his waist and confusion in his eyes. His eyes brightened and the brunette tried to get out of the bed in desperate array. Their mother went to coax Matt down and explained that there was no need to jump out of the hospital bed. Matt nodded, but kept his eyes on his younger sister.

"Matt...," she said as she dashed to the bed and hugged him, "it really is you..."

"I could say the same," Matt replied as they pulled away. He looked her over, taking in her growth, "you've grown up. Last thing I remember, you barely reached my shoulder!" Katie laughed and sat in the chair her mother pulled up for her.

"Is it true that you have no memory of where you were?" she asked, her eyes clouded in thought of her father. Matt noticed this and lowered his eyes.

"I don't know where father is. I don't even know where I was, Katie. It's all a blur... I just remember seeing something strange. I told the king, but he said I must be wrong," Matt explained. Katie looked at him after this. Something strange? What could've been strange?

"What strange thing? After what I've been through, it can't be much stranger then what I've seen," Katie asked looking at her brother with curiosity. He met her eyes with something weighing on his mind.

"I was in a tube in the five-second scene. I remember seeing a green paw and a lion's face...," he said looking at a wall in memory. Katie froze, her arm hurt. It was throbbing now, as if telling her to shed the cloth over it. Katie always wore sleeves because of what her left arm has engraved into it. Markings that resemble the budded vines and a lion's claw mark, all bright green. Katie glanced at her left arm, the marks were glowing through the sleeve, like they did when she used the ability. She could see the out line of the markings through the dress's cloth, moving as if swaying in the wind.

Katie immediately pulled her sleeve up as the glow became stronger and a roar was let out as the wind picked up and circled around Katie. Matt and her mother watched, panic written all over their faces. Only few other person had seen this, one being her mother. It was just like it was way back when Katie destroyed their home that the king restored. Katie tried to use her training to stop her arm, but the light grew brighter and the wind was practically a sword to whoever came near to her. Shiro burst in when the room began to shake and her mother screamed for help.

Behind him was Keith and a freaked-out Lance. Shiro and Keith had experienced this before, so they were fine but panicky. They began to freak out more when Katie screamed and covered her ears. She was hearing the voice again. Activate it, activate it, it kept saying over and over again. Katie slammed her eyes shut.

The voices stopped. The wind and the throbbing of her arm stopped. She opened her eyes to expect it to be just a dream, but it wasn't. She now was in a dark space and before her was the green lion. The voice came back but was more clear, female-like, and different then before. "Young one, its time to activate your powers. The time for Voltron has risen again. An enemy of all has risen, Zarkon is a man obsessed with power in search of the curses. You must find the other Paladins and lead them to their lions," the voice said as the lion walked towards Katie. 

She really wanted to run, but instead she felt string connecting her and the lion. When the green lion reached her it sat down next to her. The voice came back, "I'll help you. The other lions' voices will tell you when they see the one they want. Afterward follow the string thats tugging. Now place your left hand on my head and accept me as a part of you. I'll accompany you as a cub."

Katie did as told and placed her marked hand onto the lion's head. The next thing she knew, she opened her eyes and saw the ceiling.

Its getting to that point now! Anyone else aware that history is about to go down with the The Great American Solar Eclipse? I hope my science class allows us to see it... My niece is coming over tomorrow, not the baby- the older one, to spend the night and my little sister will not be here, so I'm on Aunt duty. RIP writing tomorrow.

ThatOneServant out!