3-Meeting Again

When nightfall came, Katie slung her legs over Allura's thighs and leaned her back against Shiro's shoulders. Shiro rested his head onto Katie's and Allura laid onto the new graduate's lap. Meanwhile Hunk and Lance stayed as far away from each other as possible. Hunk supported his head against the cool walls of the carriage while Lance curled up in the opposite corner. The night went by as fast as it had come for the others, but for Katie, it did not.

Someone was calling her name, telling her she was to activate it. Activate what? How? She saw the lion's face, claw raised high as vines held her arm still. That cave... she needed to go to that cave again. She needed to see the lion.

The lion was calling her.

Katie awoke after the others in a daze, sunlight shining through the crack of the curtained window. Lance seemed to be drowning Katie's friends with questions and Hunk joined in a couple of times with his own.

"Why did she come to Garrison as a guy?" Lance asked for the hundredth time. The two weren't answering and Katie knew why. It was what the lion did to her arm. At Garrison, there was only one person who knew of her true identity. Lauren Smith, a doctor on campus. He was to teach her how to control the magic that her left arm gave her. They'd leave the grounds and go into the forest next to the school and practice there. Within a month of his lessons, she was improving. In fact, by the end of her third year, she did not need the classes anymore. She stayed to finish her degree because she was already three-fourths of the way through.

"Lance, they won't answer and neither will I. That information is confidential, we can't tell you. Its private information of the castle," Katie said as she sat up and stretched. Shiro looked down while Allura pretended to look out the window. Hunk seemed to have a question, but didn't know if he should ask it. When he decided to, he opened his mouth.

"What's your relationship with the co-king and queen?" he asked, eyebrow raised. That was an question they could answer. The three looked at each other, deciding if they should tell the story, and nodded.

"Something happened when I was young and I lost my older brother and father. I was then taken away from my mother, who was only allowed to visit twice a year. Don't ask why," Katie started, remembering the visits she had from her mother. They were some of her happiest moments.

"Katie was taken to the castle by my uncle. There she met me and Shiro. It was an instant click! She and I got along and she and Shiro got along, so we were friends before no time," Allura added, still looking at the window. She smiled to herself as she remembered Katie's first few days at the castle.

Katie was quiet because of the lost of her family, but Allura had fun cracking that shell. She'd  always talk to her, even if the young girl didn't talk back. The one time Kaite did, she told the princess to scram and Allura did, but in tears. They grew close like they were family and Katie wouldn't hesitate to talk to her. The only time the two had a fight was when Allura learned of Katie going to Garrison only after having the girl in the castle for three years. Allura had yelled at Kaite and went to her father's grave to cry. Allura always went there when she felt the world was against her. Shiro was seventeen at the time and Allura was year older then him, so it made no sense for her to act like a kid in that situation. Shiro handled the news perfectly, as far as Katie knew of.

"Yes, Katie was awkward at first, but our relentless effort cracked the barrier she held. We began inseparable. I remember one time we all went to the pumpkin patch and Allura had stepped into one of the small pumpkins, getting her heel stuck into it. We had laughed for what seemed like forever!" Shiro said, not wanting to be silent and miss the chance to make Allura famished.