The Plan

I have something set up. My bandmate, Jin, the eldest, set up a small proposal for me and Linnie. SO here it is: once we arrive at the place, we'll eat. Then, once we had dessert, I'll leave a note on her napkin saying, "Be my girlfriend?" It's rejection proof!

   I sat in my assigned seat next to Jennifer.

"Hi, Jungkook oppa!" She chimed. I smile and wave at her. "How was your day?" "It was great!" I began. "My best friend, Lin, had gotten sick, though. But we talked and we have a date planned."

She nodded. "Is she that pretty? Prettier than me?"

 I smiled again, "No one is prettier than you."

I remember when Linnie left, we started dating but we broke up after a few months. I thought she could get my mind off of Lin, but I guess not. But she did make me happy sometimes.

  I hated the fact that I fell in love with Linnie. I hated that she left me, only telling me last minute. I hated her cute face and her dazzling smile. Why did she have to leave? I still have no idea. It's making me go crazy.

I laugh to myself. "She probably lied about liking me.." I said to myself. "She probably lied about being best friends. She probably lied about everything!"

I mean, why would she leave if she was honest? She was trying to get away from all the lies she made. She was trying to get away from our friendship.

But there's Jennifer... Right? Beloved Jennifer... 

No. Wrong. There isn't a Jennifer. No one could make me feel what Linnie made me feel. Jennifer was too ordinary, a cheerful girl who made guys drool.

Not me, Jennifer. Sorry. I have my heart for Linnie. The girl who fought back at teachers. The girl who made me laugh every day. Especially, the girl I loved.

She was perfect. No one could replace her. But now that she's gone... My life is over!

Now that Linnie is back, I can finally let go of Jennifer, right? Right?

...Nah, I think I'll keep her around. Just for fun. There's no harm in that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got a text from Linnie. She's okay now. Let's go, she's waiting.

I smirked. I had to fake an injury. "Owhh!!" I screamed. I clutched my stomach.

"Oppa!" The girls said.

 "Are you okay, oppa?" 

"Oppa~! Let me take you to the nurse!"

"Class!" Mr. Jung said. "Do you need to go to the clinic, Jungkook?"

 I nodded, my eyes were still squinted. "If I have to go home, please tell Hoseok hyung that I won't make it to practice."

 Mr. Jung nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there. I made it home. To my lovely Lin. I open the door.

"Linnie-ah!" I said. She walked into the living room, in the clothes I bought her. 

"Finally!" She groaned.

 "Let's go!!" I smile and hold her hand.

~~

"Was the food good?" I asked her. She nodded, with a huge smile. "I love this place!"  She exclaimed. "I'm going to the restroom real fast." She stood up and left.

 I smiled and wrote on her napkin. Jin came in the restaurant with a bouquet of roses and handed them to me.

I waited for Linnie behind my chair. 

"Be my...." She read the napkin. "Girlfriend?!" 

I popped up from behind the chair. "Will you?" I said. 

She smiled and shrugged.

"Well, if you insist," she joked and laughed.

.

.

.

.

.

Finally.