Rehab Facility

Brooke's POV:
Carl slowly rolled out of bed. We walked out the front door with our guns up and alert. There were a few walkers but we killed them. I spotted something on the ground under the leaves. I walked towards it quickly recognizing what it was. 'Carters shoe.' I thought to myself. The were the same ones he wore the day he died. I dropped to my knees and laid on the ground sobbing. I was gripping the grass so hard that it came right out of the ground. Carl walked up slowly putting his hand on my shoulder. "We have to go." I got up slowly but surly.

When it started getting dark. I suggested we find shelter for the night. He nodded and we continued walking. "Over there." He pointed to a motel down the street. When we walked up to the front door and heard moaning. Not a lot though. We cleared the first floor and opened up one of the rooms. "We'll stay here, but only for tonight okay?" Carl said and I nodded.

We stayed up half the night talking and laughing and also crying a little. We sat on the floor eating dry cereal. "Soy milk would go great with this." I said smiling at my bowl. "Eww." He giggled. "Have you ever tried it?" I nudged his arm. "In third grade my friend brought some to school. I tried it." He chuckled. "And?" "I threw up!" He started laughing. I rolled my eyes and stared at him. "Okay, okay I almost threw up." We both started laughing. "I would rather eat powered milk." He said and I started laughing harder. "I would rather eat Judith's forumula-" he stopped and his eyes got big and glassy. Quickly I pulled him into a hug. He just sat there in shock. When I pulled away he turned his head so that I wouldn't see his tears. "It's okay to cry you know?" "I know." he said carelessly. "I know."

Carl's POV:
I woke up with Brooke's head on my shoulder. I poked her cheek and she blinked a couple of times before opening her eyes. "You ready?" I asked her. "5 more mintues." She pleaded. "We don't have time. It's already 11am." Her head popped up. "11am?!" "Yes now let's go."

We walked for a while. I glanced at her from the side. 'She has really pretty eyes' I thought to myself. She noticed me looking at her so I turned my head staring back at the ground. Her hand brushed against mine, but she pulled it back, twiddling her fingers. I smiled and glanced at her and in that exact same moment she glanced at me. We held eye contact briefly and then went back to staring at the ground. I thought for a while. I think I like her. She had big beautiful brown eyes and long soft brown hair. She wore a maroon colored, loose for shirt that she found in motel with light blue washed out skinny jeans and brown cowboy boots. I hadn't even noticed myself starting until she waved her hand in front of my face. "Hello? Earth to Carl." She chuckled and I blushed. "Sorry I thought I saw uhhh.. Umm.. A uhh.. How did your parents die?" I asked changing the subject. Quickly I regretted what just came out of my mouth. Gosh, can I get any stupider. She stopped and put her hand on a tree trying to catch her balance. "That's another story for another day Carl." "Oh, I'm sorry." I said feeling bad. "It's okay." She said with a sly smile.

Brooke POV:
Why was he staring at me? I thought to myself. I glanced at him. Does he like me? I blushed when I thought about it. Our hands brushed up against each other once again. Only this time I grabbed his hand intertwining our fingers. My face got really hot. I blushed so much I thought my cheeks were about to explode. I think I like Carl..

Carls POV:
My hand brushed up against Brooke's once again, and I was prepared for her to pull her hand away but she didn't. She locked her fingers with mine. My face starting burning from blushing so much. "Is it hot to you?" I asked. "Yeah a little." She blushed. I noticed a sign that read "ATLANTA, GEORGIAS REHAB FACILITY" It had huge fences and no walkers in sight. "This is our new home." I smiled and she smiled back up at me. We walked up to the gate and opened it. The whole entire place was empty. "Thank you Jesus." Brooke said smiling and raising her hands to the sky.

Brooke's POV:
"Thank you Jesus." I exclaimed raising my hands in the air. Carl hugged me and spun me around in the air. We both blushed and then started walking up the hill to the rehab house. It wasn't huge and it wasn't too small. It had five bedrooms and three bathrooms. Me and Carl took both of the master bed rooms. I started unpacking my stuff into the closet and placing pictures on my desk. I stared at the picture of me and my family. I didn't notice Carl was there until he hugged me awkwardly from behind. I jumped a little because I didn't expect him to do that. "I'm sorry." He said while laying his head on my back. "It's okay." I gave him a little smirk. After a while it started to get a little awkward. "Welp, I'm gonna uh go take a shower and stuff. " I smiled and walked off into the bathroom.

Carls POV:
Okay I'm positive now that I like Brooke, but am I rushing it? I don't even know if she likes me like that. I walked to the bathroom to take my shower. I just stood there letting the water run down my body. I started to think about my dad. I hate to admit it, but I haven't even thought about him since Brooke told me what happen. I sobbed quietly so that Brooke wouldn't hear. My eyes were red and puffy when I got out of the shower. I shrugged, grabbed a towel, and walked to my room. After I put my pjs on that I found in one of the drawers I walked into the kitchen trying to find something to eat. "Jackpot!" I said smiling at a box of Hershey bars.
Brooke walked into the kitchen with her hair down. I've never seen it down before. I thought to myself. She's so pretty. Crap. I caught my self staring at her again. Thank god she didn't notice.

Brooke's POV:
I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. I haven't worn my hair down in what seems like forever. I smiled but that soon turned into a frown. I can't stop thinking about Carter. A tear escaped my eye and rolled down my cheek. I whipped it quickly and walked into the kitchen. I kept my head down, but I could feel Carl staring at me. He jumped a little and turned back around. I let out a sigh. "You okay?" Carl asked concerned. "Just fine." I faked a smile. "Watcha got there Carl?" He got a big grin on his face and pulled out two chocolate bars. "Once again," I began. "Thank. You. Jesus." Carl laughed and tossed me a bar. "Thanks." I smiled. We sat there quietly eating our bars. I started yawning a little. "I'm gonna go to bed. Night Carl." I began walking away. "Good night, beautiful." He mumbled obviously not wanting me to hear, but I did. I turned around and waved good night. I went straight to sleep and didn't wake up at all. Let's just say it was the best sleep I've had in a long time.