Rage

1 day

4 hours

36 minutes

11 seconds

The clocks just a tick'n, and I'm growing beyond the point of impatient. I'm aggravated as hell from all the crying, I'm pissed that these unknown people just swoop in, kill our people, and kidnap us. "We're going to die in here." Beth whined, choking on her tears. "No ones going to die." I mumbled but no one seemed to listen. "They're going to kill us. Just like they did to Carol. And they practically threw those walkers on Sasha and Bob." Tyresse winced when he mentioned Sasha. After all, she was his sister. I remember my sister, Zoey. She was like my best friend. She was my best friend.

•••flashback•••

"I think the blue one looked better." Zoey chirped as I twirled around in the purple dress. "You think so?" Zoey and I have been dress shopping for about two hours now because I have a school dance on Friday. "I know so. Blue complements your skin tone." She smiled widely. For a nine year old she was very intelligent and used big words. She was a prodigy. She was my best friend. She was always there to comfort me when mom and dad fought. She was strong enough for the both of us. Carter too. When Carter was born things seemed to go down hill. Our parents started to argue a lot about money and rent.

"You think we could stop for ice cream Bo?" Bo was her nickname for me because when she was little she couldn't say 'Brooke.' "Yeah! I think we have some time." We strolled out of the boutique and down to the ice cream parlor. "I think mom and dad are getting a divorce..." She looked down as she kicked a pebble ahead of us. "What makes you think that?" I asked trying to sound surprised, but I couldn't fool Zoey. I was like 'an open book' as she likes to call me. She gave me the 'You know what I'm talking about' look, and I sighed in defeat. "I know..." I trailed off, leaving the silence to fill in for the depressing conversation. "I don't want to get separated." She finally spoke. "Never! That won't happen Zoe. It won't." I paused a moment, ready to say more but she beat me to it. "I'm glad I have you. If I didn't I don't think I could've made it this far without becoming suicidal or cutting. You're my reason for living. God forbid anything change that." She looked up into my brown eyes as I gazed into her hazel ones, soaking in her words of care. "I love you." I squeezed her small body, rocking her back and forth. "I love you too..."

•••flashback over•••

"Brooke?" Carl's voice rung in my ears. I hadn't even realized the puddle of tears on my lap. "Yeah?" My voice crackled causing a god awful noise. "You're crying..." Isn't everyone? Has he not been sitting in this freaking truck for the past 24 hours? "No shit." I snapped. He furrowed his eye brows at me. "Excuse you? Didn't know it was that time of the month." He shot back and I gasped. "Now is not the time for games, Carl." He just stared at me. "Why have you been so tense lately? And not just today, but before we were taken." He lowered his voice so the others couldn't hear. In all honesty I didn't give two shits if they knew about my personal life anymore. Either way they'll find out. That's how it's always been- even before the apocalypse. "I don't have a problem, and I'm sure as hell not acting any different than the day you met me." I spoke loudly earning attention. "Lower your voice." He whispered. "No! I'm not going to lower my voice! You hear that jackasses?! DO. YOU. HEAR. THAT." I screamed as loud as I possibly could. I just screamed...

I screamed for Carter
Zoey
Mom
Dad
Carol
Mika
Sasha
Bob
Hershel
Everybody

I screamed for everyone who has ever been through the hell we have. For every person who has lost someone dearly to them. For the world that it is today. For every I love, hate, loathe, want, need you in the god damn book. For my shitty life and the people in it. The fact that one day, all of my group- family will be gone and dead one day. And I will be completely and utterly alone.

Carl put his hands over my mouth, muffling my screams. I don't know what took over me at this point. I had been taking my medicine because Daryl made me carry a few pills in my pocket. I guess it was just rage, sadness, hurt, confusion, anger... I punched Carl in the face. The look he gave me after was heart throbbing. "Carl-" He held up his hand, letting me know not to speak. Suddenly, the truck came to a halt. A few seconds later the sliding door of the truck flung open. "Welcome to Washington. We've been... expecting you."