Confusion

Carl's POV:

"I think you should leave." Daryl said from behind them. "Hold on, hold on. We just got here, and we just saved the life of two members of your group." Tom said, smirking slightly. "Tom." Tyresse muttered. "Shut up," he paused, glaring at Tyresse, "This is a nice place you got here. Big enough for our group? Let's say we negotiate things. Talk about forming one big group?" Tom persuaded, but I just wasn't buying it. "No. Not gonna happen." I said, shaking my head. Tom's face twisted with anger, and he sarcastically laughed. "Look, kid-" I interrupted him. "I'm not a kid." He sighed and finished what he was saying. "We could accomplish so much with all of us. Could you at least think about it?" He begged. "There's nothing to think about. You aren't staying here. I'm sorry." He didn't looked pleased at my reply, considering he was balling up his fist. "Let's go." Tyresse pleaded. "You won't see the last of us. You best be prepared for our next visit cause it ain't gonna be pretty." He began to walk away when he stopped. "Come on Matt." He gritted through his teeth. "No. He doesn't have to go anywhere with you." Maggie hissed at Tom. He smirked evilly, turning away and leaving...

"What are we going to do when they come back? We need more guns! Amo! We need to go on a run now!" I began to get up when Maggie pushed me back down. "No. You need rest. Daryl and Michonne can go in the morning." She reassured. I finally agreed and went to lay down when my mind reminded me of someone... Brooke.

Brooke's POV:

"I've been waiting for you." Carter said, walking up to Mika. I was extremely confused at how they knew each other. "H-how do y'all know each other?" I questioned. "We've been spending a lot of time together recently." Mika smiled. "What do you mean?" This was starting to freak me out. Has she been following us? "In heaven." She smiled warmly down at Carter, holding his small hands. "You've got to be kidding right? Carter's been with me this whole time." I laughed nervously, dreading Carter's next words. "We've been dead for a while, and you need to go back." My mind was trying to remember everything that had happened since the apocalypse, but it was like there was nothing there. I couldn't remember what my parents looked like, or what my life was before the turn. I know my sister and parents are dead, but I don't remember my brother dying. And I didn't even remember this little girl? What's happening to me? "Go back where? Where am I?" They looked at each other and smiled. They stepped forward, walking right past me- literally. I screamed out in pain as their bodies crossed through me. My eyes screwed shut, and I felt myself falling...

Down

Down

Down

I waited for a hard impact, but it never came. I looked up and was blinded from the bright sunlight. I looked all around me, nothing but clouds and a blue sky. I was flying. Just like the clouds do. The ones I had always been jealous of. I giggled childishly as I hopped from cloud to cloud, having the time of my life. Good times don't last long so when you have them make the best of them. I went to hop onto another cloud when, suddenly, I fell through, but this time I went up...

Up

Up

Up

This time I felt it- the impact. It felt like a thousand nails burning into the pit of my soul. I always thought hell was below us? I guess not. Maybe... Maybe heaven is below because Gods always there to catch us when we fall. I looked up into the blue eyes of the beast before me. He wore an old sheriffs hat and raggedy clothing. He was fairly handsome, yet dark and mysterious. "What's your name?" I asked him, but he didn't respond. I reached out to touch the blue eyed beauty, but before I could even get an inch away from his golden skin, he faded away. The room began to spin along with my head, and I felt myself being washed away. Everything turned black, and the only sound I could hear was the voice of an angel telling me to wake up.

Carl's POV:

I rushed out of the room, only to be stopped along the way by Daryl. "Beth's sewing her up right now. You can't see her. Bedsides, you need to be taken care of too." I rolled my eyes as Maggie dragged me into the kitchen. "You wanna tell us what happened out there?" She asked, soaking a rag in peroxide. "I-I was teaching her to drive... I asked her to marry me- we got in a wreck... I'm so sorry!" I sobbed into her shoulder as she rubbed my back comfortingly. "Come on. Let me stitch you up." I winced as the cold alcohol came into contact with my skin. Though it didn't even compare to the sharp needle piercing into my skin, weaving in and out. "Quit squirming." She mumbled. "Brooke's still unconscious. She's all stitched up though. You can go see her, but it won't be a pretty sight." Beth said, putting her head down. I nodded, slowly limping to her room.

Her face was paler than before, and her eyes had dark circles around them. She had stitches on her left eye brow and the right side of her head was rapped in gauze. She was wearing pajamas, and all the blood was washed off of her. I sat down on the side of her bed and grabbed her hand gently. "Please, please stay with me. You can't give up now. You have to keep fighting. For Zoey, Daryl, me... Please wake up... I love you... Please..." I looked down at my lap, tears falling from my raw cheeks. Suddenly, I felt a grip on my hand and looked up. Brooke struggled to open her eyes, whimpering in the process. They slowly peeled open, revealing her brown beauties. She ripped her hand from mine, scooting to the end of the bed instantly. "Brooke what is it?" I questioned, fearing the worse.

"Who are you?"