Yes

Carl's POV:

Brooke was taking night watch tonight so I decided to talk to Daryl for a while. I had a huge question to ask him. I just hope he accepts it. I took a deep breath before knocking on his door. I waited a few moments before he opened the door, shirtless and Beth behind him in a bathroom. I bit the inside of my cheek to contain my laughter. "I need to talk to you." I said briefly but stern. He could tell I was serious so he agreed immediately. He went to go into my room but I stopped him. "No. Outside please." He looked unsure but nodded.

We sat down in the old lawn chairs, taking in the view of the night sky. I took a shaky breath and reached into my pocket, pulling out the ring. "I know we're young... But hear me out. I could die tomorrow, and so could she. That's why I have to ask her soon. I want her to know how much she truly means to me. I want to give her everything I can to make this world seem almost normal again. We're mature enough, and I wouldn't do anything- anything, to hurt her. I love your daughter, Daryl." I waited for him to answer, but all I got in response was a cheesy grin. "Back at the camp, in Atlanta, I knew you'd be the one- out of everyone there, to survive. You're one tough son of a bitch, like your father. It's ashame he had to go so early. I know you'll treat her right- you already do. I also respect that you decided to ask for my permission first. You're a man now Carl. You're a man." I smiled greatly at Daryl's reply. "So when do you plan on asking her?" He asked. "Tomorrow- on the run." He chuckled and stood up. "I'll see you tomorrow. Night." He said, walking back inside. "Night." I said to no one in particular. I looked out at the blanket of stars above, taking in the positive energy brewing in the air. I looked back down at the ring, knowing that I was making the right decision.

Brooke's POV:

•••dream•••

I'm in a white room. Pure white, nothing but white. I began to walk forward, and the farther I go I can hear a soft hum. As I go a bit farther, a doorknob appears. I hesitate, but I eventually open it. I step out into an open field filled with flowers and tall grass. I turned back around and noticed the door no long there. Two people, a boy and a girl, catch my attention though they seem to be oblivious to my presence. I get closer to the two of them, or should I say Carl and I. An older version of us at least. They're laughing, but I'm not sure what about. Suddenly, they both look up at me and smile. Older me stands up and walks over to me. She strokes my shoulder, down my arm, and to my hands. She pulls me forward with force, and I go through her. As if she were a ghost. Once I'm through, I notice that I'm back to the white room. Only this time the walls began to ooze a red liquid.

Blood.

I panicked, running towards the door, and the walls began to cave in. I almost reach the doorknob when I unexpectedly trip. I turn back, and there it is- Carl's dead body.

•••end of dream•••

I shot straight up, panting and sweating horribly. Good job, Brooke. You can't even stay up to take watch. I glanced at the time on my watch.

5:52 am

I made my way inside, noticing Glenn in the rocking chair with the baby. I smiled kindly at the two and proceeded to Carl's room to wake him. Just as I'm about to knock on his door, he opens it. I let out a small squeal, placing my hand over my chest. "You scared the ever loving hell outta me." We both chuckled. "You got everything we need ready?" I asked as we walked down the hall. "Yeah. Packed it last night." He nodded and grabbed the backpack by the door. "Who's on Matt duty?" I asked as we walked outside. "Zoey. He's her responsibility." I simply nodded and hopped into the passenger seat. Wait? "You know how to drive?" I questioned, getting uncomfortable. "Brooke relax. Glenn's been teaching me when we go on runs." He explained, buckling his seatbelt. "Well I wouldn't know because you never invite me." I fake pouted, causing him to laugh. "Oh come on. You're here now." I playfully ignored him and turned my head to the side. He groaned and reached across the seat, placing a wet kiss on my cheek. "Ew!" I shrieked, rubbing off the wetness. He giggled and began to back out of the driveway, Glenn opening the gates while he did so.

"Do they have any CDs in here?" I asked, digging through the glove box. "Nah. Just your voice." He gave me his signature side-way smirk before turning his attention back to the road. "What store are we going to?" I asked looking out the window at the passing by walkers. "Big-Spot." Was his only reply, and I nodded.

I crept behind the isle of the store along with Carl, both our weapons raised high. There seemed to be no walkers in here, but you always need to stay alert. "You're awfully quiet today, aren't you?" I questioned him as we began loading the bags with jackets. "Y-yeah. I guess so." He seemed oddly nervous. Hmm? What's he up to? Once we were done getting the jackets, we started to head out when I stopped him. "Can you teach me how to drive?" He stifled a laugh but thankfully nodded.

"Okay so that's the brake, that's the gas. This is the shift lever. It's how you shift your gears. Park, reverse, neutral, drive. If you need help I'm right here. Start off slow." He instructed, as I took deep breaths. I started the engine, shifting the gear to reverse. I looked behind me, turning the wheel to the right. Once I was far enough, I shifted the gear to drive and went forward. My hands were sweaty, and I was a bit nervous. Carl was bouncing his leg up and down, rubbing his hands on his pants. Does he think I'll kill him or something? I turned my focus back to the road ahead of me, swerving around an oncoming walker. I slammed on the brakes, breathing heavily. "That was close." I looked over at Carl who's eyes were about to pop out of his head. He nervously chuckled, and I started to drive again.

After about thirty minutes, he started to speak. "I've know you long enough to know that I wouldn't want to be with anyone else in this world. Not like I have many choices but still. I've never cared about someone as much as I care for you. You are so, so beautiful. I will always promise to keep you safe, happy, loved. I love you, Brookelyn," he paused to breath while tears streamed down my face, still looking forward, "I know we're young, but either of us could die. At any second of any day, and I need you to know that no matter what, I will always, always love you. Inside and out. Your ever breath, word, movement, everything about you is special to me. You're special to me." I was blubbering like a baby, but he didn't stop. "Carl-" I started, only to be cut off by him holding out his hand for me to grab. I handed him one of my hands, still looking at the road. I felt a cold piece of metal slip onto my finger, and I instantly looked down. I was in complete shock.

Lori's wedding ring.

He wants me to marry him. Carl Grimes wants me to marry him! I looked over to him, the biggest smile I've ever contained plastered on my face. "Yes! Yes, Carl! A thousand times-"

"Look out!" He shrieked. My head snapped back to the road, only I wasn't fast enough. I rammed into about three walkers. The car began to spin out of control so not thinking anything of it, I slammed on the brakes.

Big mistake.

The car flipped four times, going down a small hill and landing upside down. On the way down I hit my head several times, severely hard. I felt warm liquid pour down my face, and the light began to fade away. "Brooke." I heard Carl groan before I slipped out of consciousness.