God's Plan

"He's not dead. We just got separated by the horde." Rick reassured once we were far enough away from the horde. "Dad!" Rick's head shot up as Carl jumped into his arms. Rick stroked the back of his hair while Carl cried into his shirt. They had no words to say because their actions spoke for them. "Maggie! Oh my god." Glenn kissed Maggie repeatedly before holding onto her for dear life. "Wait." Rick pulled away from Carl. "W-where's Carol?" Glenn also looked around. "And Sasha and Bob?" Everyone put their heads down. It'd been awhile since they were brought up...

Michonne told Rick what had happened at Washington. It was a touchy topic and we were all shaken up by it. "When we came back everything thing and everyone was gone. We looked for so long but... We just... Never found y'all." Rick explained what happened the night we were taken. "How are we going to find Daryl?" I asked. "I say we start looking in the morning. He couldn't have gone too far." Everyone agreed except for Abraham. "Now hold on. I think we should find some place stable first before we send more people out." Rick scowled at Abraham. "Last I checked I was in charge." Rick snapped. "Last I checked that was five months ago, and someone had to step up and take that spot." Abraham shot back. "I'm here now. That's all that matters." And with that, Abraham kept quiet.

We found a small house to hold up in for a few days- considering it wasn't strong enough to handle a horde. Most of us stayed in the living room- sleeping on the couches, chairs, or the floor. Since I was a 'kid', I had to sleep on the floor. I tried getting comfortable on the cold, hard stones but it was no use. Eventually, I just rolled onto my back, not caring about my comfy ness. My eyes focused on the ceiling while my mind focused on my thoughts.

•••flashback at the rehab house•••

"Would you rather have a boy or a girl?" Carl asked as we lied in the soft grass of our hill. "Hmm? I'm not sure if I want to have kids..." I trailed off, leaving him with tons of questions. "Why not?" He asked kind of disappointedly. "Because I don't want them to live in a world like this- to live a short, cruel life. It'd be such a selfish thing to do..." He nodded understandingly. We gazed at the passing clouds above our heads, a small smile tugging on the corners of my lips. They seemed so free and careless. I wish I could be that way... But this life doesn't give you those opportunities. "If the world were to go back to normal," he began, "what would you want it to be?" I thought long and hard about this question before finally coming up with an answer. "Happy. I'd want it to be happy."

•••flashback over•••

"Brooke?" Carl whispered from the staircase. My head shot up, and I slowly stoop up from my spot. He took my hand and dragged me up the stairs. Once we entered one of the rooms, he shut the door and locked it. Okay, where's this going? "Carl?" He had his back facing me, and I could see him trembling a bit. He sucked in a sharp breath and turned to face me. In a swift movement he crashed his lips into mine, moaning with pleasure. I smiled into the kiss as I played with the ends of his hair. We pulled away, grinning at each other like a couple of children. "That was fun. We should do that again sometime." He giggled at my joke, but his face quickly turned into a serious one. "Don't leave me." He pleaded with not just his words, but with his eyes. "Why would I? There's no one else I'd rather be with." I caressed his face as his eyes screwed shut. He jerked his face away from my hand and turned his back on me. "That's not what I mean. I mean... Don't leave me. I don't want to have to go through that kind of pain." I clenched my jaw while swallowing the lump in my throat. "I have no control over what God has planned for me, Carl." He chuckled sarcastically and turned to face me. "Gods just another lie." His words sent chills down my spine. "If he's a lie than why are we here? Together, right now? Us finding each other in this gruesome world was no coincidence- it was Gods plan." I spoke proudly to him, showing that I knew what I was talking about and believed every word that fell from my mouth. "I'm sorry." He twisted his fingers together, looking at them while doing so. "I just don't want to be alone." His eyes met mine, and I could literally feel my heart skip a beat. "As long as I'm around, you won't be."

We lied on the roof of the house, gazing up at the stars. Everyone was still asleep, and it had to have been somewhere between 2-3 in the morning. "You tired?" Carl asked, tightening his grip around my waist. "Nope. I'm good right where I am." I smiled even though he couldn't see it. We haven't had time alone since the prison, and this was the closest thing to being 'alone'. The stars were like a million fire flies, brightening up this world full of darkness and death. They showed that even some badness could obtain goodness within it. I can't help but think that a few of those stars, out of the thousands, are my family looking down on me. I'm not sure if they're smiling or not. I'm not a good girl anymore.

I've killed people

Lost my innocence

I'm not the most respectful person

Despite of all my wrong doings I know that in the inside I did what was right. I cleared my throat, sitting up in the process. "A boy." Carl sat up slowly, confused at my outburst. "What?" He asked once he was fully sitting up. "I would want a boy." The ends of his lips tugged upwards into a smile. "Well it took you long enough to answer." He chuckled softly in my ear. He yawed loudly and stretched. "Someone's sleepy." He nodded slightly and rested his head on my shoulder. "Sing to me. I miss your voice." He begged, burying his face deeper into my shoulder. I cradled his body in my arms as I stroked his left cheek.

"Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain, we all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on."