Framed

I stared at her in disbelief. Am I hearing this right? Screaming erupted throughout the camp ground, and I quickly came back to my senses. My mind darted to Carl, and that was the first face I searched for as I stepped out of the tent. Everyone seemed to run right past me and towards Carl and Bob's tent. Only Carl and Bob weren't in their tents. They were right next to me.. I pushed my way through the crowd, all eyes glaring at me. I couldn't help but wonder why? I didn't do anything. Lizzie did. As I made my way to the front I stopped dead in my tracks only to be face to face with a crying Mika. Her foot was caught in the bear trap, Glenn and Maggie trying to pry it off. "Why'd you do it?" Rick hissed. "I didn't do anything!" I was so confused. Nothing seemed to make since.. Until he shoved a torn piece of paper in my face that read, "To Carl, love Brooke." I looked over my shoulder to find a smirking Lizzie who mouthed, "Oops." How could she be so sly? She practically just caused her sister to loose her foot! Though it was meant for Carl... Or Bob could've easily stepped in it. Hell, anyone could have. Well Mika did.. I could feel eyes burning into the back of my scull. I slowly turned my head, Carl shaking his in disbelief. "I-I didn't do it! I'm being framed- Lizzie is framing me!" I cried but know one seemed to care. "I-I'm not crazy. I didn't do it..." I sobbed harder. "Dad?" He shook his head in disappointment. Not him too. "I know you didn't do it sissy." I knew that petite voice anywhere. Am I going crazy? I've been taking my medication. "Daryl, tie her to a tree. She can't be trusted. We'll decide her fate in the morning." Rick instructed. Daryl hesitantly nudged me in the direction of a tree. I struggled out of his grip, but before I could run away he clucked me in the back of the head with the butt of his gun. "I'm sorry.." His voice trailed off as my eyes fluttered shut.

•••dream/flashback•••

"You've grown so much. I'm so proud of how strong you've become. Especially for a four year old." I smiled at my only bit of joy left in this world. He smiled widely at me before continuing to play with his toys. "I'm sorry you have to live your life like this. No one should have to..." I ran my fingers through his soft, brown hair. It calms him down, but to be honest I think it keeps me calmer that it does for him. "I like where we are now." He exclaims, throwing his tiny hands in the air. A few days ago we stumbled across a ToyR Us and decided to hang out here for a few days to rest. "We'll have to move on soon, Carter." He looked up from his toys and deep into my brown eyes. "I don't want to go. I'm happy here." A tear rolled down his baby, pink cheeks. "Would you like me to sing to you?" He wiped his tears away and nodded his head. He sniffled as he climbed into my lap and rested his head on my chest. "Sing what mommy used to sing." He mumbled sleepily.

"You are my sunshine

My only sunshine

You make me happy

When skies are gray

You'll never know dear

How much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away.."

•••end of dream/flashback•••

Soft whimpers escaped my lips and tears threatened to spill from my eyes. The thought of my baby brother not here with me, fighting the world together. Like it used to be.. He was only four when he died. My sunshine is gone, and suddenly I feel all alone again. No one in this group no longer trust me.. Not even dad- I mean Daryl. I guess I should get used to calling him that again. I can't believe Lizzie framed me. That little- I swear when I get my hands on her... How did she even set this up? She had to have has some sort of assistance? But who? Who could've done this?