Wrestling

It's been a little over a month, and things were good so far. I mean besides the walkers that linger around the perimeter. It's actually quite peaceful, but then again the rehab house was too. We'd tricked ourselves into thinking it was safe. I sighed at the thought of me never being able to sit on the hill again. Our hill. A scream distracts me from my thoughts. I ran into the cell with my gun at hand. Once I reached the main area, or our 'living room', I saw Daryl tickling Beth against her will. I smiled at the sight of them. Carl whistled from across the room as everyone laughed. Carl signaled for me to come over. "Hi." I smiled and pecked his cheek. "Hello to you too." He blushed. "Close your eyes." I demanded, but in a nice way, and he did so. I snatched his hat off his head and ran around Beth and Daryl as he chased me. "Give it back child!" He yelled. I just laughed and continued running. "Come on slow poke! You're gonna have to run faster than that!" Once again I underestimated him. He jumped on my back and clung to me like a monkey. I didn't stop though, I just kept running. I groaned as his body seemed to weigh more after every step. "If that a fat joke?" He laughed. "Yes. You're obese. Now get off-" Just as the words left my mouth we went crashing to the ground. "Thanks fatso." I smirked. "No problem." He smiled and made a funny face. "You look like a constipated elephant trying to take a crap." I said causing everyone to giggle. "You look like a.. a uhh.. you look.. beautiful." He smiled. The room fell silent minus the "awww" ing sound coming from everyone. "I love you." I whispered in his ear. "I love you more." He protested. "Oh yeah? Let's fight about it then tough guy." I pounced on top of him and pinned him down quickly. He struggled a bit before he gave up. We laughed uncontrollably before Daryl walked over to us and grabbed my hand. "And the winner is Brooke the Badass weighing in at 365 pounds!" He yelled. I glared at him before laughing. I guess it's true, laughter is the best medicine.