New Leader

Time slowed down

Carl charged for Abraham

Two gunshots went off

Both of them fell to the ground

Abraham stayed down- he's dead

Everyone stared in shock at the events that had just occurred. "Carl-" He pushed past me to his dad. "Dad, please stay with me. Please." Carl begged to his dying father. The bullet was lodged into his collar bone, and there was no way we'd be able to save him this time. "Carl, you have to stay strong. Y-you're gonna be okay." Rick's voice was shaky, and he was struggling to keep his eyes open. "I'm so sorry. Oh my god. Please stay! I need you!" By now tears streamed down both of their cheeks, as well as mine. "I want you to take over as leader. For me, Carl. You have good instinct and strategies. Take care of everyone for me. Your mom would've been so proud of you..." His eyes slowly shut, and his breathing slowed until it stopped completely. "Dad? Please wake up. Wake up. Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Seeing Carl like this was heart breaking.

"Carl..." I gently placed my hand on his shoulder. "LEAVE ME ALONE! GO AWAY!" He shrieked, pushing me to the ground. He dropped to the ground, sobbing into his father's chest. A husky moaning came from Rick's body- he was a walker. Daryl stepped up and pointed a gun to his head. "No. I have to do it. He's my dad." Carl protested, putting his gun to Rick's temple. "Goodbye, daddy."

BAMB.

The next morning was quiet. Carl hadn't left Rick's side all night. He hasn't said a word to anyone, not even me.

Carl's POV:

My dads dead, my moms dead, my sisters dead, my whole family- dead. All I have left is Brooke, and if I loose her... How am I suppose to be a leader when I can hardly look after myself? Why can't it be Daryl or Glenn? Why me?

Life is such a joke. This world is a joke. Everything is a damn joke! I'm not going to make it to the other side of this apocalypse. I'm going to die- live a short, cruel life. Maybe I should just go ahead and end it? Save myself the pain of being eaten alive. Ugh. I can't. I have to stay alive as long as I can- for Brooke. I shouldn't have treated her so harshly last night, and I defiantly shouldn't have pushed her down. I need to talk to her...

Brooke's POV:

I watched as Carl shakily stood up from Rick's body, and trudged his was over to me. "Hi." He mumbled. "Let's take a walk." I grabbed his hand and walked down to the creek nearby.

"It'll all get better in time." I ran my fingers through his shaggy hair- his head on my lap. "Yeah..." He trailed off, gazing at the flowing water. "You're going to be a wonderful leader." He looked up at me and arched his eyebrows. "I don't know how to be." He sighed. "You don't have to do it alone." I smiled slightly. "W-where do you think we should go? What do we do?" His voice was smooth and quiet. "I've been thinking about it for a while... But I don't know if it's a good idea or not." I said. "What is it?" He asked sitting up. "Well... I think we should go back to the rehab house..." A small grin appeared on his face, and he leaned in. I met him half way, savoring the taste of his lips. He pulled back and smiled. The sunlight shone down on his beautiful face. His eyes glistened a bright, sky blue.

"We can clear it out, get the fences back up. We can do this. Let's go."