Betrayal

Hello, quick author's note here: the picture above is what XJ wears. It's my first time making something like that so feel free to tell me if something doesn't add up. Thanks!

"IDIOT!" Xiao Jun, or XJ, as most on the Isle called her, shrieked at the television as she watched Mal - Maleficent's daughter - turn over the Fairy Godmother's wand back to the pudgy woman herself with the shimmering dress. She was supposed to use it to break the barrier and allow the villains of the Isle to take over the honorable citizens of Auradon. Then, XJ would finally take back her crown as the most fearsome villain of the East and destroy everything Mulan and her family had built over the years.

XJ clenched her fists and smashed the glass dragon lamp that was stood next to her on a table. She jumped up from the ripped leather sofa that she had been sitting on and gritted her teeth. She punched a hole straight through the television screen and the remains of the wires emitted electric sparks. She would have to get that replaced, but she was too furious to care at the moment.

XJ had the windows of her little shack closed, but she could still hear the rest of the Isle's population yell and shout in anger and shock. Maleficent was imprisoned in Auradon, her daughter had betrayed the entire Isle, and worst of all, they were still stuck on the stupid island.

XJ muttered unintelligible things and swore under her breath. Mal had stabbed them all in the back. XJ and Mal had never been the best of friends, as Mal didn't get along with XJ's hotheaded personality, and XJ was disgusted by Mal's lack of ambition, but even XJ had expected more from the daughter of Maleficent. Her mother was the worst villain in the land - who would have thought that her daughter would turn out to be good?

XJ needed something to take her fury out on. Destroying all of her possessions was not the best idea. Fortunately, before her father - Shan Yu - had disappeared into thin air, he had shown her that the best way to relieve herself of her frustration was not to meditate, as that did nothing more than pent up the rage, it was better to train and stab a few dummies in the head.

XJ grabbed one of her many spears from her weapons' stand near the door. She walked to the other side of the room which was marked as her training area. XJ took a deep breath.

CHOP! CHOP! CHOP!

Bits of cloth and fluff fell to the floor and XJ kept stabbing, chopping, slashing and viciously attacking the dummies. It took an hour for her to tire. XJ put her spear back and glanced at the clock. It was nine and XJ needed some air. She grabbed her black jacket and left, slamming the door behind her. She was calmer now, but her anger hadn't completely vanished.

She stepped outside and immediately heard the familiar noises of the Isle: shouting, screaming, shrieking, yelling and every other noise imaginable. XJ smirked as she walked down the streets, her heavy gold military boots clunking against the grimy stones. It was relatively cooler tonight than normal. The Isle was unnaturally cold all on its own without funny weather.

XJ walked past Lady Tremaine's Curl Up and Dye and thought of the little girl who worked there. Dizzy, XJ recalled, daughter of Drizella, stepsister to Cinderella. Dizzy was scared of XJ, as most kids on the Isle were. Even everybody who was XJ's age was intimidated by the serious Mongolian girl and the rest who were older were nervous around her too. XJ didn't necessarily want to scare the girl as she didn't benefit from that, but XJ needed to re-dye her hair with gold streaks.

XJ walked into the salon and heard a frightened squeak. "The usual gold streaks, Dizzy." XJ said, unfazed as she sat down in one of the purple salon chairs.

The girl with the paint-splattered dress and two buns colored with different streaks nodded, her big purple glasses bouncing slightly on her nose. "Yeah, 'course," Dizzy said nervously.