Trespassing

To say that Mal was furious was an understatement. She stomped into Carlos and Jay's dorm with Evie behind her, looking murderous.

Jay raised his eyebrow when he caught Mal's expression, "What's up with you?"

Evie's eyes widened and she made a cutting motion over neck at Jay from behind Mal, motioning for him to stop talking.

It was too late.

"What's up with me?" Mal snarled incredulously. "What's up with me? The little Chinese princess just got away!"

"Chinese princess?" Carlos asked, confused.

"She means XJ," Evie elaborated as Mal continued ranting.

"She got away with her stupid little plan!" Mal shouted. "I don't know what she's planning, but when I found out, ooh, I'm going to break - "

"Mal, Fairy Godmother already told you that XJ was trying to help Chad and Audrey get back together, that was all." Evie said gently, so as not to make Mal even madder than she already was, if it was even possible. "Personally, I think it's cute."

Mal snorted, "Because people like XJ are capable of having sympathy. XJ's planning something and she's going to...she's going to do something to Chad!"

"Yeah, she's going to mend him and Audrey's relationship." Jay said casually.

"No!" Mal scowled. "That's not what she's doing! She...I don't know how she managed to convince Chad..." Mal suddenly stopped dead in the middle of her sentence. Her eyes widened and she whispered, "My spell book."

"What?" Evie asked, bewildered.

"My spell book!" Mal exclaimed, smiling as the realization struck her. "She took my spell book and she spelled Chad!"

Jay scoffed, "Okay, that's just stupid. XJ doesn't have any magic. Her dad was a military general and nothing more, no matter how much of a connection he had with weird birds."

"No, listen!" Mal insisted, "XJ spelled Chad to do her bidding and she probably did the same to Audrey! There's a spell in my spell book that does exactly that! That's why Chad's convinced that she's trying to help him!" Mal gasped all of a sudden. "She did it when I saw her under the bleachers with him!"

"Mal," Evie said, taking hold of Mal's shoulders as an attempt to calm the hysterical girl with purple hair. "Your spell book is in the museum, where Fairy Godmother put it. XJ's only been in Auradon for one day and she's been present at all of her classes. There's no way she managed to even try to steal it."

"She could have done it like we did it when we first got to Auradon! She could have sneaked out right after dinner and before curfew starts, just in time to see Fairy Godmother just now!" Mal exclaimed, her eyes lighting up like the sky on the fourth of July. "We went to get it during nighttime and nobody found out!"

"We failed, Mal, and thank god we did." Evie reminded her best friend.

"XJ isn't the type to fail!" Mal argued. "Don't you guys remember the time she stole Lady Tremaine's hair-curl-rollers for fun? Tremaine didn't realize until half a month later, and she had been wearing them in her hair when XJ nicked them!"

"Okay, the prank was pretty sick," Jay chuckled. He blinked when he realized everyone was looking at him, "What?"

"Look," Evie said as she turned to Mal, "The museum has hundreds of visitors a day. They'd definitely notice if one of the exhibits was missing. Even if there was nobody around to see them stealing your spell book, there's no way XJ would be dumb enough to just take it without accounting for the fact that everyone would see the next day."