The Spell Book

"Where are Harry and XJ?" Ben asked, frowning as Uma and Gil walked up to the table he was sitting at along with Mal, Evie, Carlos, Jay and Jane.

Uma shrugged, looking bored, "I don't know."

"I thought you four were pretty much always together." Mal asked, narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

"Harry and XJ are always together. I guess that changed after last night." Uma said nonchalantly, sitting down at the table and starting to eat her breakfast.

"Okay, now you're just itching to tell us why, aren't you?" Evie huffed rolling her eyes.

"Possibly,"

"Tell us then," Ben insisted with wide eyes, seemingly oblivious to the underlying sarcasm. "If Harry and XJ are in any sort of danger, then I want to know about it."

Uma snorted, "Calm down, your majesty. They haven't been kidnapped if that's what you were wondering. They just broke up."

SPLASH!

Jane had dropped the cup full of coffee she had been holding, spilling it all over the table. However, she didn't seem to care. "What?"

"They. Broke. Up." Uma said plainly. "It's not that hard to understand."

"What - they just...fell apart?" Carlos asked, his eyes looking like they were about to pop out of his skull too.

Uma shrugged, "Who knows? All I know is that they broke up, XJ moved out and Harry's been looking for her all over school ever since. I don't think he's had much luck, or he would have come back by now."

"No, that doesn't just happen," Mal said, growing even more suspicious. "I know how XJ is; she wouldn't have gotten together with Harry in the first place if she knew that feelings would fizz out. She's smarter than to waste her time like that."

"Look," Uma rolled her eyes, "All I know is that they fell out. That's it."

"You're not concerned about where they are?" Jay frowned. "I thought Harry was your first mate."

"He quit. Normally, I'd make him walk the plank, but I don't see any sea around here and my ship is back on the Isle. Long story short, we're not friends anymore." Uma answered immediately through gritted teeth.

"Your Majesty!" A voice called, followed by running footsteps.

Ben turned around to see two of Auradon's policemen, dressed in blue and yellow uniforms and looking distressed. The other students in the cafeteria all started whispering among each other as they watched the two men run up to Ben.

"Yes?" Ben asked, frowning.

"Your majesty's partner's spell book has disappeared from the museum." The man on the right said hurriedly. 

"What?" Mal interjected, turning around to look at the man who had spoken. "When?"

The other man replied swiftly, "Our security cameras detected nothing out of the ordinary, but we had the Fairy Godmother cast a spell to see if anything had been affected, and at around three in the morning, all the security cameras shut off and resumed half an hour later."

"So you don't know who stole it? Did Fairy Godmother do anything else?"

"She tried to rewind time and see who had taken it, but she said that she was blocked by black magic, which she's certain that the same person who took the spell book cast the spell." The man on the left informed. "She's working on trying to undo the magic, but she doubts that she can. Whoever cast the magic must be extremely powerful."