Getting Away

"So all in all, you're thinking of catching Chad, Fairy Godmother and Lonnie?" Uma concluded.

XJ nodded, "Those are the three main ones I managed to somewhat hook today. I'll see if there's anybody else who has repressed rage or negative emotions I can mess around with in the coming week."

"You're a genius, you know that?" Uma said, grinning.

XJ grinned back, "I'm aware. Hey, do you remember our deal back on the Isle?"

"Yeah, I do - why?" Uma asked, frowning.

"I've figured that maybe Auradon could use two rulers."

Uma's eyes lit up and she laughed, "No way."

XJ shrugged, "The deal doesn't stand anymore, but we're on Auradon anyway, aren't we? Harry's going to be the king and I'm going to be the queen, but I don't see why we can't both rule over everything."

"You've talked this over with Harry?"

"Yeah, he doesn't care about ruling anything, so, I don't see why the world couldn't use two queens. You set everything into motion, so it's only fair." XJ grinned widely.

"You are the bomb," Uma declared, grinning too. The two gave each other a high-five.

Suddenly, Uma's expression fell. "XJ, there's something I've been meaning to tell you."

XJ furrowed her brows, confused at the sudden change of tone, "What?"

"I..."

Uma was interrupted by the school's intercom. "Will Chad Charming, Audrey, Harry Hook and Siao Jen come to meet me in the headmistress's office?" Fairy Godmother's voice announced. "Thank you very much."

XJ sighed and looked at Uma, who was trying to hide a laugh. "Siao Jen, that's me." She snarled at the intercom in the corner of Uma's dorm before turning to the girl with long blue plaits. "Listen, you can tell me later when I come back from whatever that witch wants." XJ's gaze landed on the clock behind Uma. "Never mind, dinner's almost over. We'll talk about whatever it is tomorrow. I have something to do tonight."

"You going to let me in on it?" Uma asked, raising an eyebrow as XJ opened the door, about to walk out.

"Maybe when it's done," XJ grinned before walking into the hallway and closing the door behind her. She sighed and muttered unintelligible things under her breath as she started to walk towards the office.

Suddenly, something covered her eyes and XJ stopped walking. "Guess who?" A fake falsetto voice asked.

"Harry, do that again and no kisses for the rest of the week."

Her vision was restored and Harry Hook frowned, "You're not supposed to threaten your boyfriend, you know."

XJ rolled her eyes as she pulled out the map of the school and resumed walking. "You're not supposed to annoy your girlfriend."

"Yikes, what's gotten you into such a bad mood?" Harry asked as he took XJ's hand.

XJ grumbled, "Mal did what she said she would. Now it's wasting some of my precious time. When Auradon is mine, I'm going to cut her into tiny bits."

Harry chuckled, "Come on lass, you said that it was part of the plan."

"My plan was Mal announcing to the whole school during dinner that I'm planning on killing Chad or whatever she thinks I'm going to do, and me telling her that I'm helping Chad with his relationship. Chad was going to back me up in public to make her look even worse. This is ridiculously time-consuming." XJ complained.