Loud and Clear

Harry yelped triumphantly and punched the air. He had finally gone through the last file. He snapped shut XJ's laptop and glanced over at a piece of wrinkled paper that was lying next to him as he sat on his bed. He had scribbled a list of names on them. There weren't that many but he still probably should have used a digital document. The thought struck him only now and he almost slapped himself.

He picked up the piece of paper and read through it:

LONNIE FA

AUDREY

JANE

PIPER PAN

The only name that was unfamiliar to him was the last girl. Apparently, she was the daughter of Peter Pan, his father's arch-nemesis, which was why she had gone out her way to stay away from him as much as possible.

She didn't seem as mischievous as her father, or as bold. The only reason why she was even on the list was because of her father's pixie dust. The mystery behind how she had come to be while her father was still a child was cracked when she finally came to Auradon Prep.

Peter Pan had gotten a little bored of being so young. He wasn't exactly an adult, but he had laid off the magic until he had grown to be eighteen. Piper's mother was not known, but it was rumored to be one of the mermaids from the lake in Neverland.

Either way, Piper Pan had no reason to harm XJ, but she definitely did have one to hurt Harry. Harry didn't know whether people in Auradon were capable of being so cynical, but if Piper was trying to get to Harry by putting XJ under...

Harry glanced up at the clock and grinned. It was around midnight, and the nurse would most definitely be absent. Harry jumped up from his bed, stuffed the piece of paper into his coat pocket and walked out of his dorm.

He carefully walked down the stairs and in no time, he found himself in the hospital wing. He smirked as he sat down on his usual chair next to XJ, "I found something interesting today."

Elaborate. The familiar sound of XJ's voice made Harry breathe out a sigh of relief, even if it was rather blunt.

"So I have four suspects - you know three: Lonnie, Jane and Audrey. Lonnie because you managed to pull out magic as well, so who knows if she can, since she's the polar opposite of you; Jane because of her mother and Audrey because of her family's history with Maleficent. Maybe her mom managed to get magic seeped into her blood when she got her finger pricked - who knows?"

Who's the fourth?

"Piper Pan."

The daughter of Peter Pan? Harry could almost feel the skepticism coming off her voice and into the air.

"Yeah, I figured that if she wanted to hurt me, she'd - "

Hurt me instead, yeah, I can see the motive behind that. XJ filled in. I went over the things I found on her once - she doesn't seem to be the type to hold a grudge.

"My father didn't seem to be the type to fall off of his own ship either."

Mm, XJ hummed thoughtfully. I take it that she's been avoiding the two of us since I haven't seen her around much.

"You're right about that. What about the other three?"

Keep tabs on them too. People can dissemble their true intentions fairly easily. I doubt that Jane might have a grudge against me, but Lonnie might. I did trick her after all. Audrey might not want me around either, being the center of attention.

"Has it ever occurred to you that I'm not four people all at the same time?"

Find a way then. I can't instruct everything you do, and I'm a little busy fighting for my life myself, thank you very much.