Chad's Deal

It was lunchtime, and XJ was to meet Chad under the bleachers of the school tourney field. XJ did not intend on going alone, although Chad expected her to. Therefore, Harry was going to stand near the edge of the field, just out of Chad's field of vision. Harry didn't trust Chad to stay within his boundaries, especially since as far as he was concerned, XJ did not have a boyfriend. XJ needed Harry around anyway because it was going to draw attention if Harry was walking around the school alone. Everyone, other than Chad, was aware of the fact that XJ and Harry were joined at the hip.

"I swear, if he tries anything, I'll do more than hook him." Harry growled as he and XJ walked onto the tourney field.

XJ laughed, "Harry, calm down. He won't."

"How do you know that?" Harry narrowed his eyes. "We both know a lot of people on the Isle who are exactly like him and we've both had experience with them."

XJ stopped Harry and stood in front of him. She sighed, placing her hands on either side of his neck. "Harry, nothing's going to happen. Chad Charming likes someone else and I know exactly why he asked to meet me."

Harry's eyes widened in surprise, "You do?"

"Remember Audrey, from Chemistry?" Harry nodded and XJ continued, "We met her before Bad Fairies and Grammar. Chad is desperate to get her back. Apparently, they were together until Audrey saw how much of a conceited loser he was and dumped him. Chad is going to use me to attempt to make her jealous."

"That doesn't make me feel any better!" Harry seethed. "I don't care if he doesn't really like you - he's going to try to kiss you in front of Audrey!"

"Which is why I'm going to tell him I know exactly what he's doing and use that to my advantage as well as steer him down another route," XJ explained. "I'm going to show him how to court Audrey without making her jealous, which is not going to work."

Harry grumbled, "Are you sure it's going to work?"

XJ sighed, "Yes, Harry. The last time I failed at something was because Uma was running most of the show. Besides, he's dumb enough to believe anything as long as I make it sound logical."

Harry huffed and XJ kissed him. She instructed, "You stay here, and I'll go meet Chad. I'll tell you exactly what we talked about when he's gone."

"Word for word?"

"Word for word," XJ confirmed before kissing his cheek. "Stay here, love, and I'll be back before you know it."

Harry grumbled but nodded as XJ walked over to the blonde figure underneath the bleachers.

"Chad," XJ greeted as she approached him.

Chad straightened up at the sound of her voice and grinned, ruffling his hair. "XJ," He said smoothly. "So, you're probably wondering why I asked you out here alone, right?"

"No, actually," Chad's eyes widened at XJ's words. "I know what you want to do. You were originally planning to use me as an attempt to make Audrey jealous."

"You know who Audrey is?" Chad asked, his eyes the size of dinner plates.

"Met her during Chemistry class," XJ said, folding her arms, looking nonchalant. "She's not that bad. She told me about you and how conceited you are."

"I...I am not conceited!" Chad spluttered angrily.

"She told me you used to kiss your mirror as well as her. It was disgusting."

"I...That was a long time ago!"

"She also told me she saw you doing it when your dorm door was open a couple of days ago."