Requests

"Shan Xiao Feng?" Harry repeated incredulously. He looked at XJ, "I thought - "

"My apologies," The man interrupted, raising up a hand and smiling gently. "I meant Xiao Jun. That is what you've changed your name to, hasn't it?"

XJ's knuckles were white, her fists were shaking violently. One would have thought that she would have an expression of disgust, fury or even fear on her face, but she remained expressionless, and her features revealed nothing.

It was terrifying to see someone so infuriated that even facial expressions could not convey their emotions.

And it was even more terrifying to see that same person with a highly lethal weapon in their possession.

"I probably should have flown away before my magic ran out and I could no longer keep you under, nor could I keep my previous animal form," The man sighed and shook his head, like he was disappointed at himself, "But your dear friend over there," His eyes flickered briefly in the direction of Harry, who hadn't the faintest idea of what was going on, "Had taken the liberty of closing the window so that I couldn't."

"Who are you?" Harry asked. He narrowed his eyes, a hand gripping the handle of his cutlass tightly.

"You really aren't the most perceptive boy, are you?" The man mused, turning his attention to Harry. "I'm the man she wishes to kill."

"Shan Yu?" Harry asked, his eyes widening, his grip on his weapon momentarily loosening at the shock.

Shan Yu nodded slowly. "Affirmative. I am your girlfriend's father."

"We're not together anymore," Harry immediately blurted out without thinking.

Shan Yu raised an eyebrow, "Really? Such a shame. I had hoped that my daughter would continue the family bloodline. However, that does not seem to be the case."

Harry acknowledged what Shan Yu had implied and he blushed. "We weren't - we weren't thinking of - "

"I detect that there's something else you find shocking, other than the fact that I used to be the hawk that would peck on your window each night." Shan Yu interrupted again, something that he seemed to be fond of doing.

Harry blinked at the sudden interruption. He hesitated for a little bit before finally admitting, "Well, I guess I expected...more?"

Shan Yu leaned forwards a little bit, displaying interest. "Of what?"

"I don't know," Harry shrugged, "A little bit more personality, a bit more rambunctious and evil and less composed, I guess."

Shan Yu hummed thoughtfully before turning to his daughter, who had stopped shaking. "And what about you, Feng? Have you no words to convey how you feel about my sudden appearance?"

SHING!

The air whistled as it blew past Harry, tousling his hair. The pirate blinked in surprised as his red coat whipped around his feet and blinked a few more times in order to clear his vision.

XJ had lunged at her father, meaning to stab him with her spear. Harry expected Shan Yu to be dead on the ground, but instead found the man standing up, recovering from the roll he had performed to dodge XJ's attack.

Shan Yu tilted his head to the left, seemingly amused. "Not bad. So you didn't forget everything I had taught you."

XJ stabbed again, but her spear head was parried away by another spear that Shan Yu had whipped out. XJ growled like a tiger, baring her teeth and swung again, only to be met again with the tip of metal. She pressed forward, making Shan Yu grunt with the effort of keeping his spear against the other.