Happy

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this," XJ grumbled to Evie, who was helping her tie up her dress.

Evie chuckled, "Come on, XJ, the entire school wants to know what you look like in a dress. You owe them that much after trying to take over their territory."

After Shan Yu had been sent back to the Isle, Evie and XJ had become closer. XJ hadn't said anything to her father and to be honest, she hadn't given him a second thought after the first day since he had gone. If that didn't show how much she had changed, she didn't know what did.

XJ didn't like Mal, who she was sure she was never going to like no matter what, so she had given up on that relationship. Jay was too obnoxious for her and Carlos was too immature for her to stand. Evie was the only one she could stay in a room with and not end up with a corpse.

Lonnie had been avoiding XJ ever since she found out that she had just been a pawn in XJ's plan. XJ didn't care. She had more important things to take care of.

XJ huffed, "I'm actually going to suffocate in this."

"It's not as bad as Audrey's," Evie said, giggling. "She's got a proper corset that makes her waist look tiny."

"How does she breathe?" XJ muttered.

Evie laughed as she finished up with XJ's dress. She dusted her hands off and walked over to her table, cleaning it up. "Well, she's not going to be the center of attention tonight. You are, especially when Harry sees you."

XJ rolled her eyes, hiding a smile. "Sure, provided that nobody runs away from me first."

"Harry couldn't ever stay away from you, XJ. It's great to know that you made up with him." Evie said, smiling at XJ.

The corner of XJ's lip twitched. "Yeah, I'm glad that I did too."

Then, the bell rang, and Evie clapped her hands together. "Time to go! The party's starting!"

XJ sighed, keeping her excitement under wraps. "This party better be worth it."

"It will be," Evie promised as they walked out of XJ's dorm. XJ had her own now. Even though Harry and her had made up, things were still a little bit tense, so Harry slept in their old shared dorm.

As Evie and XJ walked past the door of XJ's old dorm with the rest of the student body, XJ stopped as she noticed that Harry hadn't taken down the sign. Her name was still on it.

"He really does love you, you know," Evie said quietly.

XJ smiled a little. "I know he does."

They moved on and kept going, surrounded by excited chatter and girls in bright, colorful ball gowns. Evie was met with praises and yells of 'Thank you!' whenever someone saw her. XJ had never seen the daughter of the Evil Queen this happy before. It was contagious, and XJ almost smiled herself, but she kept her bored expression successfully.

They arrived at the ball room, which had high ceilings and multiple chandeliers. There was gold and silk everywhere and it was already filled with people. However, when XJ and Evie brought up the last of everyone, the entire room went silent.

All eyes were on XJ as she walked slowly and carefully to a familiar figure wearing a red suit.

Harry looked like his eyes were about to pop out of his head. XJ raised an eyebrow, "What's the matter, Hook?"

Suddenly, she felt a pair of lips on her own and a pair of hands wrap around her waist. She heard a gasp come from all the people around them.

She pulled away to see Harry looking nervous. "Xiao, I didn't mean - "

XJ kissed him again, cutting him off. After pulling away, she rolled her eyes and grumbled, "Moron."

Harry breathed out in relief and smiled. Suddenly, whoops and whistles came from around them. XJ looked around to see people clapping and smiling, laughing and grinning.

Then a song started and Harry chuckled. "Would you like to dance, lass?"

XJ grinned back, "I'd love to, Harry."

As they started twirling and dancing, the couples around them slowly joined them on the dance floor, the song playing from the band that was playing on the speakers. The band was scheduled to play later when Belle and the Beast joined.

XJ looked into Harry's sea blue eyes and a funny feeling came over her. For someone who hadn't felt it in a while, she recognized it fairly quickly.

"Harry?"

Harry raised an eyebrow, "Yes, XJ?"

"I think I'm happy."

Harry chuckled, a low rumble emitting from his chest. "I'm happy too, lass."

END