Sleeping Beauty

"Xiao," Harry greeted softly as he sat down on a chair next to XJ's bed in the hospital wing.

He smiled gently as he looked at XJ's body. For a second, he thought that she was just sleeping as he looked at her chest rise up and down with her breathing. But then he noticed the rest of her body and was immediately brought back to the reality of her coma. His smile fell.

She hadn't woken up and she already looked thinner. Her complexion was pale, but she was looking comparatively better and had improved ever since Fairy Godmother had healed her. Her breathing was extremely quiet and it almost seemed as if she was only moving her chest and nothing more.

Harry sighed as he moved the chair around so that his elbows were propped up on the top of the back rest. "It's been two weeks since you almost killed yourself."

It's been two weeks since I almost let you die, you moron.

Harry imagined her voice in his head and chuckled. He knew that he was going insane, but he didn't care. Being able to hear her voice, even if it was inside of his head was enough for him.

The first time her voice had sounded in his head was the third day of his visit. He almost asked her if it was really her somehow talking to him when he realized that he was going crazy.

When others came to visit and talked to XJ, she didn't respond, which only added to Harry's (ever-decreasing) concern for his own sanity. Harry only visited when it was late at night, when even the nurse wasn't around so nobody could hear him talking back to her. Therefore, nobody knew that he heard her voice in his head, so nobody knew that he was insane. It worked out nicely.

"I still don't know why you jumped in front me. I know that I'll probably never get my answer, even when you wake up, so I've already given up even before I've tried."

Good call.

Harry was silent for a bit as he watched her chest rise and fall. He spoke again after a while.

"Uma and Gil got kicked back to the Isle on the same night you started to sleep. Fairy Godmother called the two of them into Ben's office late at night. I didn't get to see their reactions when they were told that they were being sent back because I was here with you, but I do know that they caused a racket and woke up almost the entire school." Harry chuckled half-heartedly. "Uma was screeching and Gil was bawling as they were handcuffed. The restraints stayed on the entire time they were driven back to the Isle with twenty guards. It whole ordeal took two hours."

That's not enough. I'm going to go back to the Isle to kill them once I'm properly awake.

Harry sighed. "You can't do that. They'll be humiliated enough on the Isle once people find out that they failed and you have to stay in Auradon."

Nobody's going to know that I'm going to kill them.

"I will," Harry argued.

You're not going to say anything. You owe it to me.

Harry shut his eyes. "I know I do, which is why it's true, I'm not going to tell anyone."

Good.

There was another moment of silence before Harry opened his mouth to ask XJ another question.

"When will you wake up? You're taking longer than Fairy Godmother expected."

Do you think I want to stay like this? XJ snarled. I'd wake up if I could. Guess whose fault this is, Hook?

Harry sighed. "It's ours."