Switched

"Lonnie?" Carlos exclaimed, his eyes wide as he looked up at the Chinese girl, who was definitely not  XJ. "What are you doing here?"

Lonnie's eyes widened and she caught sight of her reflection in the window that had been swung open and had smacked Carlos right in the face. She gasped as she put a hand up to her face to feel it. "Oh no, it wore off." She whispered, her complexion now pale.

"'It'?" Mal's voice rang from around the house's corner as Jane ran to Carlos, who was slowly getting up from the ground with Ben and Evie behind her. Mal's eyes widened when turned and saw Lonnie. "Lonnie? How did you get here?"

"I, uh," Lonnie smiled sheepishly. "It's a long story. How about you guys come in?"

"What's going on - why are you wearing my girlfriend's clothes? Where's Xiao?" Harry stopped short as he skidded to a halt, with Jay hot on his heels.

Lonnie laughed nervously, "Like I said, it's a long story. Come inside first and I'll explain everything."

"Woah, dude," Jay asked, turning to Carlos with wide eyes, "What happened to you? You have a huge bruise on your forehead."

Carlos grumbled, "A window smacked into me."

"I didn't mean it!" Lonnie said hurriedly. "I'm sorry, I was just trying to get some ventilation going on! XJ didn't mention how hot the Isle was in the summer and I didn't know how to get the air conditioner going because I couldn't find the remote and- "

"Alright, we'll just come in through the front door and you can tell us what's going on, okay?" Ben asked, smiling as an act of friendliness. However, there was still an obvious underlying tone of confusion.

Lonnie nodded quickly. "Alright. I'll just close these," She smiled at Carlos apologetically as she grabbed the handles of the window she had flung open. "Sorry Carlos."

Carlos waved a dismissive hand, "It's okay."

Lonnie shut the windows and closed the curtains as the group walked to the front door.

Evie didn't hear any clicking noises from the lock, and so she said loudly so that Lonnie could hear, "The door's locked, Lonnie!"

"No it's not! I didn't lock it!" Lonnie called back from inside.

Jay blinked. "What?"

Mal shrugged at Evie, who was giving her a wide-eyed look. "Try it."

Evie carefully grabbed the golden doorknob like it was hot coal before twisting it. To everyone's surprise, the door swung open.

"You said it was locked," Mal accused, glaring at Harry.

"I thought it was Xiao in there," Harry argued defensively, "Not an imposter!"

"Can we do this later?" Evie hissed as she stepped inside the building. Mal and Harry didn't do anything other than shoot each other dirty looks. Evie sighed as everyone piled into the house. "Thank you."

"So, Lonnie..." Jay said, sitting down on the nearest chair he could find, looking at the girl pointedly, "Care to explain?"

Lonnie blushed but nodded. "Yeah, I will, but you guys might want to sit down first. It's a long ride."

The group all found seats, whether it was on the couch, some chairs or even on the floor, everyone was soon seated comfortably. The second everyone was settled, all heads turned to Lonnie, who was sitting on the couch herself.

Lonnie sighed, "Alright, so I'm pretty sure some of you are familiar with what XJ told me back when Ben first got kidnapped a month ago here on the Isle, but just for clarification, I'm going to tell it again.