Aight, Bet.

Chapter Three

Monday, September 25th

3 weeks later

"You ready? Last one." Mia said to me shaking my shoulders.

"Hell yeah. I'm confident we're gonna make it."

Mia and I came out the locker room and there were bout 20 girls on one side and 40-50 boys on the other side. I guess not a lot of girls like basketball.

This is the last basketball tryout of the 3 and i'm ready for the season to start. For the past 2 weeks I been going to the Ball house to practice and do workouts, we all practice together.

"OK! Boys and Girls circle around." Coach K yells from the sideline.

We all jog over to her forming a circle around her as she starts to talk.

"Alright, girls, you're starting with passing drills, move up and down the court, 3 of you passing the ball on the move. Boys you're starting with shooting drills, one line over there for layups and another line for rebounds. Go!" Coach explained to us, then we all went and started the drills she told us to do.

"Good luck JJ, you gone need it." Melo clapped me on the back with a lil smirk on his face.

"Unlike you, Melo, Ion have a problem with passing." I winked and walked away hearing a bunch of "OOOO's" from the guys. Stupid Melo always thinking he can beat me.

Me, Mia and Shantay (a girl I met the first week of school. She cool like Mia and the three of us is homegirls now) all lined up running down the court passing the ball, we started being fancy, doing behind the back passes and shit.

"Go Jae, go Mia, go Tay!" Melo and Eli cheered from their side of the gym, sounding like they're trying to make a rap out of our names or some. They always be playing.

*           *           *

"Alright, list will be up tomorrow for teams. Thank you all for coming out. See y'all soon." Coach K said as tryouts finished.

I sat down on the bench in the locker room taking a drink of my water when someone knocks it and it spills all over me. I mean it wasn't that bad, it was actually refreshing since i'm a sweaty mess right now.

"The fuck was that for?" I look up and see Bianca with her hands on her hips smiling that ugly smile at me. She been on my back since I got to this school! There always gotta be that one shordy that hate you huh!

"I don't know, I just felt like it."

"Why you even here? You don't even like basketball. It ain't gone impress Melo, cause we all damn well know you just embarrassing yourself." She been getting on my nerves. Bianca just been doing little things to get to me, but ion let it bother me. I get irritated fast though..

"What? I'm here because I want to be. Not for Melo. So why don't you just shut up, darkie."

The bitch just crossed the line.

I got up from the bench slowly. People had called me names like Midnight and Monkey before cause of the colour of my skin, but I ain't gonna let it slide this time.