Is He Crying?

Chapter Seventeen

Tuesday, November 14th

"Class!" Mrs. Belsy announced, "We have a new assignment." Everyone groaned, "Yeah yeah. It's a partner assignment-"

The class started rambling about who they were going to be with. I look over at Melo and give him a look. He nodded at me.

Partners.

"Quiet! Assigned partners." Mrs. Belsy clarified, making the class groan again.

Melo looked at me as she named off partners, he was pretending to shoot his head with a fake gun.

"Jaelyn and Phaquan." She called off her list.

My face flushed. Of course my luck, i'd get Quan as a partner. I didn't look over at Quan or Melo. I kept looking at the board at the front of the class. The period bell rang, letting us know it's time for our next class. I got up grabbing my stuff and heading out of the class.

"Slow down tiger." Melo said coming up behind me.

"Oh, sorry." I said kind of zoned out

"You can ask Mrs. Besly to change partners, she'd understand." He said

"Nah, it's cool. I'm fine with Quan." I smiled reassuring him.

He looked uneasy, "Aight. But if he tries anything on you tell me cause i'll kill him, trust me." He said making me smile.

"I know you would and I appreciate it."

"I'll see you at lunch." He said as he kissed me on the head leaving down the hallway.

-------------------------------

I waited outside the Gym for the boys to come out from basketball practice. The girls finished about 10 minutes ago, so I just waited for Melo, Gelo and Eli to finish.

The gym door opened and my head shot up. "Hey." Quan said.

"Hi." I said looking down at my phone, my curls covering my face.

It was silent for a minute until he said something.

"I'm sorry." He choked out.

"I know." I sighed. He had a shocked look on his face, "You not mad?"

"Nah. I'm disappointed. I trusted you, and you broke that. But ion hold grudges much." I said, trying not to give him too much emotion.

"Melo hate me though." He frowned, "I cant believe I did that to you. I never touched a girl like that in my life, I just really liked you a-and, I got so angry. I'm sorry." He said his eyes getting watery.

Is he crying?

I got closer to him but not too close. "I forgive you." I quietly said. He let out silent sobs. Almost everyone in our group ignored him cause of it. I know he feels terrible about it, so I ain't gonna make him hate himself more than he already do. He sniffled and wiped away his tears. "Just promise me you ain't gonna put your hands on a girl like that again." I stated seriously.

"I promise."

The rest of the team barged out of the gym doors in a hurd, like a freaking stampede. I spotted LaMelo's huge curls and he saw me too, then he looked Quan and I's close proximity. "Everything, aight?" He asked wrapping his arm around my waist, glaring at Quan.