Jae Bae.

Chapter Six

Tuesday, October 3rd

New Notification From
*YERM TEAM*
Melly 👀 - Ball house free rn, yall down for a swim?

Everyone replied with yes and that they were on their way.

I put on a black bikini. Nothing extra since it's just the crew that's gonna be there.

I threw on one of the Big Baller Brand shirts that Melo had given me cause they have a room full of BBB gear. I put sunglasses on my head and my Nike slides on. I can easily walk to the Ball house from my place, it's just around the block.

When I got there I walked around the back of the house and already heard loud music blasting. No surprise.

"Jae bae! You finally here." Quan yelled to me from the pool, making me chuckle.

Jae bae is his new nickname for me. An annoying ass nickname. Ugly too.

All the guys, Mia and Shantay were in the pool while Isabella lay on the ground tanning.

How they all get here before me?

Good thing for me I don't gotta worry about tanning. I laughed to myself. I'm funny.

"Whatchu laughing at?" Melo came up behind me startling me. I turned around hitting him in the chest.

He leaned over gripping his chest, being extra. "JJ you really gotta stop hitting people when you get scared."

"Then stop sneaking up on me." I let out a long breath. Why can't he be a normal person and call my name from afar or some.

"You coming in?" Melo asked me referring to the pool.

"Duh... give me a sec." I said removing my BBB shirt. Leaving me exposed in my bikini. Quan gave me a thumbs up and a kissy face. I wasn't
usually insecure but wearing a bikini really do make you notice all the wrong thing about yourself.

I jumped into the pool all the boys either cheering or singing to the music. I splashed Isabella telling her to get it but she just groaned and flipped from her stomach to her back.

I swam over to Mia and Shantay, listening in on their conversation.

"Don't Quan look like a snack right now." I heard Tay say practically drooling over him.

"You joking right? Look at Gelo." Mia retorted as they both started at their interests.

"Yeah but he cuffed." Tay retorted.

I stopped short, swimming in the opposite direction, not wanting to be included in that conversation. So I swam to another end by myself resting my arms on the ledge to keep me afloat.

"Hey JJ." I didn't realized I had pretty much gone to another world. With my eyes closed I know the one and only person who calls me JJ.

"Hey Melo." I said, my eyes still closed.

"You okay?" He asked me making me open my eyes.

"Yes!" I said a little too enthusiastically, "I mean yeah. I'm fine, why?"

"You jus look tired. You wanna dry off and watch some Netflix?" He asked, looking nervous that i'd say no.

Did he ever learn not to tell a girl she look tired?

"Yes, please." I groaned, dragging out the 'please'. Melo knows how much I love watching random shit on Netflix.

Melo and I hopped out the pool drying off with our towels.

"Where y'all gone?" Quan asked looking at me as if I betrayed him.

"Yea, this is a family event sir, y'all gotta stay." Eli said to Melo making me laugh a bit.

Melo looked at me and smirked, "JJ got on her period and got real bad cramps, so she gon take a nap... only if that's okay with y'all."

Eli and Quan looked at each other, then they both sunk into the water hiding.

I went upstairs going into Melo's room, changing out of my bathing suit, making myself comfortable in one of his BBB shirts. 95% of his wardrobe is BBB gear.

Melo walked in with chips and chocolate in his hand as if I really was on my period and he's trying to fulfil my cravings.

I laughed lightly, "Aww you brought me food. I love you now." I  sat up on the bed eating some chips. I looked up at Melo's face and he looked stunned.

Did I say something wrong? "Melly? You on earth?" I waved my hand in his face

"Oh yeah." He said putting his hand through his curls a couple times. He do that during basketball games a lot.

"Watchu wanna watch?"

He got in the bed beside me, getting under the covers. I'm not worried about anything happening with Melo and I. We're good friends and that's how it's gonna stay.

"Yo turn to pick, lil girl."

"I'm only like 5 inches smaller than you, so don't act all big." I scoffed hitting his bare chest, knowing that it would hurt a bit.

"Ow. And exactly, you still smaller than me so you little and my birthday is before yours so i'm older." He said smiling, showing his full mouth of braces. 

"Wait when your birthday?" I asked putting on Scream Queens cause that shit makes me laugh. It's so fake, but it's so interesting.

Melo groaned obviously not wanting to watch it. "August 22nd." He told me. This boy full on stupid.

"Melo, my birthday is February 2nd." I started to laugh as he went red. "So you the lil one, boy."

"Whatever. You still shorter, imma leave it at that."

I started to get really tired. I felt myself slowly falling asleep. I rested my head on Melo's chest, feeling good.

He started playing with my hair, making me fall asleep faster.

"Goodnight."

Was the last thing I heard before sleep took over.

*     *      *

short but sweet chapter.

and,, a new book cover iono if i like it better but ill see.

P.S. I just wanted to say that Gelo is sexy as fuck wit braids omm 🤤

- kay😎🖤