Tonight's Perfect.

Chapter Seven

Wednesday, October 4th

I woke up to the smell of breakfast being made. My mom can't be home and she never make breakfast anyway.

It's dark in my room, only the little bit of light from my window coming in.

I got up rubbing my eyes, looking at my surroundings. My house don't look like this?

"ZO, GELO, ELI! BREAKFAST." A voice yelled from downstairs

What the hell?

The three boys walked out of their rooms looking at me.

"Uhh, why am I here.." I asked no one specifically.

"You fell asleep and you looked so peaceful and none of us had the heart to wake you up. So here we is... the next morning." Eli explained to me.

BIRTH GIVER 🤰🏽
Me - Hey mom, I spent the night at a boys house in his bed and now i'm having breakfast with 4 boys. If it even matters, ill be home soon.

I got a text back a minute later

BIRTH GIVER 🤰🏽 - Okay!!! Hope you had fun!

What kind of Mother replies like that after what I just said? I mean I ain't complaining but at least a "make sure you be safe" would be nice.

"C'mon, y'know how Lavar is. He gone yell at us if we ain't down for breakfast." Zo said leading down the stairs with the Gelo, Eli and I following suit.

"Good morning, children!" Lavar said in his obnoxiously loud voice. "Dig in, grab what ya want."

Melo was already down here sitting on a high chair. There was a bunch of food ranging from pancakes to bacon, all that delicious shit.

I looked at my phone seeing all the notifications.

7:44AM

The time on my phone read.

"Lord. I gotta run home." I rushed worried i'd be late for school. I stuffed a pancake in my mouth running out the door before anyone could say anything.

-    -    -     -     -     -

I sat down in my seat at the cafeteria table.

"You ran out so fast this morning. Ain't even say bye." Melo pouted clapping me on the back as he sat down.

"Sorry," I breathed, "I forgot bout school and had to rush home and get ready."

Someone tapped me on my shoulder and I turned around startled but they grabbed my hand to stop me from hitting them.

I gotta get that reflex in check fr.

"Can I talk to you for a second, Jaelyn?" I watched Quan stand there with my wrist in his hand.

"Yeah sure." I spoke slowly and confused. I looked back at Mia and Shantay as we walked away.

"Get some." Tay mouthed to me wiggling her eyebrows and I flipped her off.

There was a bit of a height difference between Quan and I. Obviously.

"So wassup?"

"I was wondering—"

We both spoke at the same time. I laughed awkwardly and let him speak.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a date, you feel me?" Quan asked, I was shocked to say the least. I ain't know he liked me.

Quan is a good guy. It couldn't hurt to go on one date with him. I looked at him, contemplating whether I should or not. "Aight Q-tip. I'll go on a date with you."

His face lit up, "Cool. Is tonight good?"

"Lemme ask my side niggas hold on," I pretended to check my phone, "Tonight's perfect." We talked for a quick minute before going back to the table.

Little did he know I really was asking my side niggas.

I'm playing.

LAMELO'S POV

"What they talking bout?" I asked Eli, looking back at Jae and Quan walking away.

He turned to Gelo and O before looking back at me.

"Well, uh, you know.. he's just.." Eli stuttered making me annoyed.

"Just say it, damn." I huffed

"He asking her on a date." Onyeka finally said for Eli.

Everyone looked at me waiting for my reaction.

"Why he didn't tell me?" I asked

They all looked at me as if i'm stupid. "Melo, we all know you feeling Jae." Mia deadpanned.

Since when? "No I don't. Why y'all gotta be like that." I scoffed crossing my arms.

"Yeaaaaah, right." Mia said laughing.

"Whatever, y'all tripping. Ion like JJ." I repeated, so they could get it into they thick skulls. They crazy.

I turned around and saw JJ and Quan walk in all smiley and shit. She obviously said yes to go on the date with him.

"What?" He asked squeezing in between Jae and I.

"Why ain't you tell me you liked Jae? You told everyone else clearly." I asked in a low voice so only we could hear each other.

"Ion know.." He trailed scratching the back of his head, "I thought you'd be mad, or something.."

"I don't like her. So y'all need to stop assuming." I said getting annoyed. I may be over reacting, but I hate when people assume shit bout me.

"So you not mad?"

"Nah bro we cool." I said giving him a slight nod to reassure him, but mainly myself. "If you hurt her though, you know you gone hear about it from all us." I told him seriously and he nodded. I trust that he won't do anything to hurt her.

*      *       *

Jae and Quan?? 👀

btw i been doing so well wit updating yallreadyyyy knoooo!
thanks for reading tho :)

- kay😎🖤