Keep It PG.

Chapter Ten

Thursday, October 12th

LAMELO'S POV

Why Jae call me anyway? Ain't her and Quan a thing?

Shut up bro.

I saw her standing outside the diner and I pulled up beside her. I was tempted to say sum shit like "Aye shawty, lemme holla at you." but I held myself back.

"You mind if we go to your crib?" She said in a sad tone. Ion wanna care bout her but I do.

"You wanna talk bout it?" I hesitantly asked, cause you know how girls be, you say the wrong thing, suddenly they mad at you.

"When we get to your place." She breathed. I glanced over at her and she look exhausted.

"JJ, we home." I tapped her shoulder at an attempt to wake her up.

"Hmm," She groaned, slowly waking up. "How I fall asleep on a 5 minute drive?" She chuckled lightly.

"You're Jae." I retorted trying to lighten the mood I guess.

We walked into my house about to head upstairs before dad stopped us.

"Where y'all going?" He said in his obnoxiously loud voice.

"Dad, now ain't the time." I told him, still being respectful cause I know he gon beat my ass if I talk up to him.

Jae made herself comfortable on my bed like she always do. "Talk." I said

"My dad is back." She started. What's that mean?

"Your.. dad is back? Was he at war? I'm not catching on." I looked at her sideways trying to figure it out.

She laughed, "Technically he not back, cause he was never here in the first place."

"Ohhh, he one of those dads huh?" I said finally understanding, "So what's the deal?"

"The deal is that my mom took me away from my life to come here. For him." She sighed

"Yeah, but it ain't that bad here right?"

"No of course it ain't. But still, imagine Lavar moved you away right now. It would suck you have a whole life here. And so did I in Toronto." She explained

"You right." I said agreeing with her. It would suck.

She told me what happened at the diner and I listened.

JAELYN'S POV

LaMelo eventually fell asleep, prolly tired from my ranting. I don't blame him though, i'm tired too. I got up and went to Gelo's room knocking on his door.

"Hey, Big G." I stepped in and he was sitting in bed watching whatever was on TV.

Gelo looked at me and smiled a bit but then turned his gaze back to the TV. He's still hurting.