Lithuania.

chapter twenty six
monday, december 4
jaelyn pov.

"Where you been at? I been calling you all weekend!" I said as soon as LaMelo picked up the phone.

"Yeah.." He started, "Sorry bout that."

"Sorry."I mocked him

He laughed a bit which reassured me. "You wanna link up today?"

"Yeah, I been missing yo ass."

"I miss you too." He told me, "I'll pick you up in an hour."

"You wanna go to your place?" I offered

"No!—" He said quickly then cleared his throat, "Nah we can go somewhere else."

"Aight then.. imma see you soon."

I hung up right away cause I ain't even outta my pajamas yet.I got ready and all that and waited til Melo came to get me.

When his black Lambo pulled up at my house I got in.

"Hey." He greeted me

"You good?"

"Of course. Why?"

"Cause you went ghost on me." I reminded him

He made an 'O' with his mouth, "I been working hard. I got homeschool and then I been playing ball all day."

"So your Dad is really pulling Gelo outta school?" I looked up from my phone

"Yeah. Gelo knows Dad's only gonna do what's best for him. And UCLA been holding him back from so much." Lamelo explained

"Could he still go to the league?"

Melo shrugged, "Depends."

"You still gonna go to UCLA?" I asked and his head shot to me then back to the road

"Can we not talk bout the future?" He said in his calmest voice, "So where you wanna go?"

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

We ended up at 24 Hour Fitness.

LaMelo wanted to meet up with 'his guys' because he said they're going away for basketball and they won't be back for a bit. Which is weird cause when Melo was on the Chino Hills team, he never travelled that far. But I haven't seen him in awhile so we went to 24 anyway.

"Man, you lucky I like basketball."

"And i'm grateful that you do." Melo shot the ball and it went in perfectly with the mesh making a swoosh sound.

"Let's run a game." Daijon called out. He was playing some of his music off of Melo speaker.

We all played a short scrimmage and then we all got hungry so we got in our separate cars and pulled up at Mcdonald's. We sat down at the table as Daijon order our food.

"So how the relationship goin?" Andre asked us leaning in and interlocking his hands.

I rolled my eyes, "Good."

"That's all I get?

"Mhm." I smiled and he kissed his teeth.

Daijon came over with a whole weeks worth of meals. My eyes widened at the mountain of food.

"I'm soooo hungry, bro." Melo rubbed his stomach and then grabbed some food.

As we ate we talked about everything cause there's never a dull moment with these guys.

"Nah Melo not getting into UCLA with those dunks." Daijon said making everyone laugh

"That's why he's going all the way to Lithuania. LA don't take niggas with no bounce." Andre blurted out but then he covered his mouth as if he wasn't suppose so say that.

"Lithuania?" I turned to Melo with furrowed eyebrows

"He's playing.." Melo chuckles awkwardly

The guys looked at each other and Quan was smacking Andre on the head repeatedly.

"Oh really? What bout that Lithuania school brochure I saw in yo room?" I

His eyes widened a bit but he kept himself composed, "No clue what you talking about.."

"Don't play stupid Melo." I stood up out of the booth and walked away. I heard his footsteps following behind me.

We ended up outside and he grabbed my arm to stop me, "Jae I'm sorry—"

"Were you just gonna leave and expect me not to notice?" I yelled

"I-I...I don't know, Jaelyn! I didn't know what to say." He stumbled over his words

I shook my head, laughing, "Alright, LaMelo."

He sighed loudly and looked down, "We we're gonna have to break up eventually."

"What?"

"I mean c'mon.. how many people meet their husband or wife in high school." He scoffed

"Wow.." I looked at him with shock, "So that's what you've been thinking this whole time? That were not gonna last?"

"Pretty much. How were we supposed to? I was gonna go off to the NBA, you're gonna be at home being a house wife. You want that life?"

"As long as I was with you I don't care!" I yelled getting angry at his words.

House wife.

"I'm sorry Jaelyn. I love you."

"Good for you.." I broke eye contact to keep myself from crying, "When are you going?"

"Next week."

"So that's why you've been avoiding me? You were just gonna leave without a word."

"Jaelyn, don't make this harder than it already is." He said lowly with a sad look in his eyes but I didn't care.

"Bye, Melo."

"Jaelyn.." he grabbed my arm to stop me again

"No it's fine. Don't even worry bout me. Just think about basketball. That's all it's ever been about, right?"

"Don't leave like this." He pulled me closer into his chest. I didn't want to but I felt warm and safe here with him. I didn't want him to go. But I know he has to. This is what he's been working for.

"I love you, Melo. It's fine. Go. I'm always rooting for you." I gave him a soft smile and walked away.

I cried and cried when I got home. I know he'll be back. But not soon enough.

* * *

this probably the last chapter. I may continue but idk.

thank u for reading and voting all the time. I see ur comments on the book and y'all are funny asffff😭 I always forget to reply but I see y'all love 💙💙

AND LONZO & DENISE PREGNANT WTFFF🤔 SORRY I WAS SO SURPRISED BOUT THAT BRO..

Byyyyyeee 🤪