Smack The Boy.

Chapter Sixteen

Monday, November 13th

"You coming tonight right?" Melo asked wrapping his hands around my waist from behind.

"I come to pretty much all your games." I said turning my head to look at him.

It's been a week since I got back and almost 2 weeks since the party. And I know I shouldn't have forgiven him so easily, but I know he means it that he regrets what he did and that he's sorry.

Eli came down the school hall wrapping his arm around my shoulder whispering random shit in my ear then walked away.

"I hate him so much." He glared at Eli walking away. "What he say." Melo huffed

"You know he do that shit to piss you off right?" I said wrapping my arms around his waist

"I don't care, he still annoying." Melo said returning the gesture as he put his arm around my shoulder.

We just finished a test in math so I pulled mine out my bag and Melo did the same.

"What you get?" I asked hiding my mark.

"Ninety-seven." He smirked knowing his mark was higher than mine.

"What?! I got a Nintey-four." I pouted stuffing it back in my bag.

Melo may look stupid but he actually smart as hell. He take all academic (AP) classes and is a 4.0 student.

"How you so smart when you look like you missing a chromosome?" Eli said scaring me cause I ain't even know he still here.

Melo turned to him with an angry face, "Nigga i'm actually gonna kill you." Melo yelled as they started chasing each other around the halls.

- - - - -

I sat in the front row of the bleachers in the gym with Mia and Shantay. Melo saw me and smiled cause I was wearing his jersey tonight for the first time. It's packed in here like it usually is for Chino's games.

I looked at the team huddled together. Then my eyes landed on Quan. I made eye contact with him and he gave me a slight smile. I ignored it turning my gaze to the game.

The guys set themselves up on the court. "Chino Hills... Compton." The ref pointed to the way each team was going. He blew the whistle indicating the game has started. I watched the ball go up and down the court. Melo scoring baskets. That's my man.

The fourth quarter came around. The score was 87-80 Compton. Melo was being heavily guarded by his defender. He put it between his legs then behind his back, going to the right and driving into the net when his defender smacked his arms down, making Melo fall. The ball still went in.

"AND ONE!" Lavar yelled out. I turned to Melo on the ground gripping his left hand. I stood up, worried he could be badly hurt. Eli ran over to him bending down saying something in his ear, he then grabbed Melo's arm lifting him up.

"Man up, Melo." I called out and he turned around slightly smiling.

'Screw you' he mouthed to back.

The ref blew his whistle. "Foul. Number 34. One shot."

Melo went to the foul line, looking at the net. He shot the ball.