9 Months Later.

Chapter Nine

Thursday, October 12th

Quan 😊 - Hurry up, slow ass.

I turned off my phone laughing at the text. No patience I swear.

I locked the front door behind me getting in Gelo's car.

"Morning, Big J." Gelo greeted me with a small smile. I think LiAngelo is the only morning person in this car.

"Morning, Big G. Morning guys." I said looking back at Melo, Quan, Eli, O, Mia and Shantay.

"Morning, Jae Bae." Quan perked up. Oh lawd.

The rest of them all just groaned in response.

We've been driving to school together lately, why not carpool if we all live in the same area.

"So how's Isabella?" I started conversation with Gelo since 90% of the car was practically asleep.

He stiffened at the sound of her name, "She fine, I guess."

"What's wrong?" I asked noticing his discomfort.

"We broke up." He said quietly so only I could hear.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Everything's gon be okay man." I patted his back at a pathetic attempt to cheer him up.

He just laughed lightly, a sad type of laugh. I know he loved her a lot, so I don't know what could've happened. It's too soon to ask though.

We pulled up at school and everyone got out, still tired. Gelo dragged himself along slowly, looking like he wasn't in the mood to do anything.

I was about to go over to Gelo and cheer him up when Melo came over to me.

"Hey." I said already feeling his presence.

"How was your date?" Melo asked hesitantly.

"It was great actually." I told him, looking at his expression to see what he was thinking.

It was hard to tell but he looked like he was thinking really hard. "That's good."

"How's basketball been going?" I asked him trying to break the silence.

"I love basketball so of course i'm gonna say it's going great. But my dad been so hard on me even though the season has barley started. We just started practicing and he already on my ass bout being the best on the team and it's so much pressure tryna keep up the-" He cut himself off looking embarrassed, "Sorry, i'm ranting."

"Nah, it's ok, Melo. Tell me." I looked at him and smiled as we kept walking down the hallway.

He continued talking and I just listened.

- - - - - -

I walked into my house and Mom was home again. I knew cause her car was in the driveway.

"Mom?" I called out.

"Lyn!" I hate when she calls me Lyn. It's Jae. "You're home! I thought you'd go to the Ball's house?"