My Girl.

Chapter Eleven

Friday, October 13th

Lunch time.

"Okay y'all, so tonight we got tickets to the drive-in. They playing a marathon of Scream since it's Friday the 13th. And no one saying no cause all y'all are coming." Mia announced. I guess we going to the drive in tonight?

"You scared?" Melo asked, whispering in my ear. He was so close I could feel his breath on my neck.

"What if I am." I asked turning my head so our faces were close.

"There's no need to be." He said leaning in to kiss me, but I put my hand on his lips.

"Nope. Not in front of everyone. Quan's here." My mind trailed off to Quan. I feel so bad for doing this to him... leading him on, I guess you could say. It's not like I meant to, I thought the date would be a friendly thing ya know? But he hasn't left me alone even though it was just 2 days ago. "On the topic of Quan, I gotta talk to him, man."

"Um, why?" Melo asked

"Because, I kinda just left him hanging after the date." I explained

"So what? You gonna give him some head to finish him off? He good." Melo scoffed

"Melo!" I said a bit too loud making everyone at the table look at us, "What? Y'all ain't never seen me raise my voice at Melo before? Carry on." I said and they all continued listening to Eli make whack ass jokes. "I ain't gonna give him anything, you dickhead. I'm gon tell him that the date was a friendly thing to me and that's that."

"Okay. But if he try anything you gon tell him we together right?" Melo asked like he worried imma choose Quan over him.

"Technically we ain't together. But I wont let him try anything on me don't worry." I said kissing my hand and putting it on Melo's cheek.

He rolled his eyes at my action but he secretly loved it.

- - - -

9:45

Mia and I were at Shantay's house, even though Tay still ain't talked to me.

"Tay? Is you gonna stop being like this and talk to me?" I asked her crossing my arms.

Mia just sat there on the bed pretending to eat popcorn with her eyebrows raised, looking between Tay and I.

Shantay looked at me with a blank look. "Girl, you been knew I liked Quan! But you went on a date with him anyway!" She exclaimed throwing her arms in the air.

"Okay first, I never knew you liked the dude. And second, I don't even like him! I swear it was just a friendly date." I tried to convince her cause it's the truth.

"Are you sure he knows that though?" She's right, but imma fix that.

"I'm already planning on talking to him. If I knew you liked him i'd never have gone on that date. I'm regretting it now. I ain't even like the boy! Sorry, Tay." I apologized

She gave me a hug, "Iss okay. You ain't know."

"Yeah bitch, you gotta start telling me things straight up. Ion like this ignoring stuff." I said, releasing her from the hug.

"Finally," Mia groaned, "Now can we get going?" She asked putting her arms around Shantay and I.

The three of us stood in the full body mirror taking a picture on snapchat.

(this what Jae wearing)