Free To Go.

chapter twenty five
wednesday, november 29
jaelyn pov.

"It smell like ass in here." i whined reaching my hands out the bars, "Someone let me outttttt."

"Shut up." The guard warned with a little accent in his voice.

I gave him a look, "Man, so now you speak english?"

He rolled his eyes and ignored me. His radio started talking but I couldn't understand it, he talked back and then finally looked up at me. "You're free to go."

My eyes widened and I hit the bars in excitement, "Bout time!"

I walked out and saw Lavar's disappointed face and Lamelo's angry one, Cody, Jalen, and Liangelo talking with the UCLA coach.

"What did we do.." I mumbled to myself

"I told y'all that was a stupid idea. But no one listens-"

"Melo you really not good at comforting." I cut him off

"Why should I comfort you?" He spat

"Maybe cause I was inna jail cell for five days?"

"That's your fault." He scoffed and turned away from me. I looked at him like he crazy.

"Nigga what the-"

"Just stop, Jae." He said not even turning around to look at me. I was about to say something but realized he right.

This is my fault. I shoulda listened to him.

I just waited and watched as Lavar signed papers and talked to the coach. Eventually after an hour or so we got to leave.

"How'd we even get out?" I asked Melo when we got back to the hotel.

"Our President talked to the Chinese president." He informed me. I jumped up off the bed

"Wait you mean like.. Donald Trump?"

"Mhm."

"Damn."

"Jae, I'm sorry bout earlier at the station. I just didn't want you to go to jail for 10 years and—"

"You good," I reassured him, "I get it. I shoulda been more smart. What we did was stupid."

"Very." he agreed with a nod

"So what's gonna happen with Liangelo?" I asked.

"We don't know. Dad's thinking of pulling him. Ion think that's a good idea though."

"Pulling him from UCLA?" I said more to myself, "That's crazy."

"I know."

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"You back so early!" Shantay said when i got in her car

"Didn't realize." I replied sarcastically

"Someone's moody. Melo didn't dick you dow-"

"Jesus, Tay! Not everything is bout sex!" Mia interrupted. I mentally praised her once again.

"Whateva."

We drove in silence for a bit and i could tell it was killing them. They kept glancing at me anxiously and I finally got tired of it.

"Ask." I said simply.

Shantay let out a long breath as if the quiet was choking her. "Okay. First of all, how was China? Second, why you back early? Third—"

"China was coo'. Annndd that's a long story," I scratched my neck awkwardly

"We got time." Mia piped up. I glared at her and then gave up. These my best friends. I can tell them.

"I'm surprised y'all ain't heard yet. It's all over." I scoffed, "Especially you Shantay. Since you always on that damn phone."

"You sound like my momma.." Tay rolled her eyes.

"What happened, Jae?" Mia repeated slowly

"Well.. me and Melo went shopping with some guys from the UCLA team. I was being a dumbass and we stoleglassesfromlouisvuitton."

"Yo dumbass stole from.. Louis...Vuitton?" Shantay started to laugh.

She really good at hearing my mumbling somehow..

"This ain't funny! I was in jail for five days!" I scolded her but that didn't stop her from laughing. Mia seemed to find this amusing too.

"And I thought you was smarter than that." Mia shook her head in disappointment, "So that's the only reason you inna mood?"

"Not really. Lamelo been...off... lately. I dunno. He just. Ugh. I'm confused." I ranted

"How he acting off?" Tay asked

"It's nothing. I'm trippin." I laughed it off and we changed the subject back so something else.