No Social Media.

chapter twenty one
tuesday, november 23
jaelyn pov.

he leaned on his car door and i tilted my head, looking at him,"so you just gon leave me here alone?"

a laugh escaped his mouth,"way to ruin the monent."

"what moment." i said bluntly

he kissed his teeth, "me being a good boyfriend and driving you to school."

"have fun eating fast food all day, melo..." i gave him a small kiss and walked away.

"you calling me fat?" i heard him yell faintly as i walked into the school.

i made my way to first period with some time to spare. as if reading my thoughts, mia and shantay appeared beside me.

"guess what i heard." shantay practically sang

"what you heard?" i asked

she stopped walking when we got to her locker and she unlocked it, taking her sweet time to tell me, "that you going to shanghai for gelo's game."

my eyes widened, "i literally just talked to melo bout that last night— how do you know bout it?"

"jae, they have no social media there. its all blocked." she emphasized the word blocked, completely ignoring my question.

i rolled my eyes, "and?"

"and, how you suppose to snap me when you see some sexy asian basketball players? or when you and melo just had sex-"

"aight, first of all." i cut her off  and scrunched up my face, "imma virgin."

"yeah, okaaaayy." mia dragged out and my eyes widened at her cause she usually quiet and doesn't like talking bout things like sex.

"knowing melo he probably took-"

"i dont even wanna hear what you boutta say." i put a hand up and she laughed

shantay sighed and closed her locker, "just saying, china is a big culture shock."

i nodded, understanding. i didn't even know if i was going yet. it ain't even that deep so i dont know why shantay is so scared or something.

"see you third period, hoes." she clapped mia and i on the back then walked to her class.

"wassup with her?" i smiled at mia

"she been like that, jaelyn." she replied

"you right," i laughed, "see you third."

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"i'm home." i called out but got no answer. i sighed placing my bag on a chair in the kitchen.

"hey." i flinched, turning around to see my mother.

"jesus, mom." i said holding my heart. you not suppose to sneak up on someone like that.

ask her now.

"sorry." she laughed, "what you want for dinner? i was thinking—"

"mom? i have a question." i started and she nodded, implying for me to go on, "so lamelo is going on a  trip to china for his brothers ball game. and he asked me to come with him—"

"absolutely not." she cut me off and my eyes widened

"why not?"

"how many times have i told your ass not to argue with me?" she snapped

i clenched my jaw and tried not to give her attitude, "mom, please. when will i ever get the change to go to china again?"

"let me talk to your dad—"

"andrew." i corrected, "he ain't my dad."

"he is your dad, jaelyn. you gotta accept that."

"you can expect me to just let him in my life again. it ain't that easy." i told her and her face softened.

"just let us talk about it."

i nodded and made my way up to my room. i went on my phone and facetimed melo.

"wassup." he greeted with a smile

"nothing, braceface."

"i thought you were over that name." he groaned, throwing his head back.

"anyway, my mom said she gonna talk to andrew about china." i told him

"who's andrew?"

"my father." i clarified and he made an 'O' with his mouth.

"i forgot," someone walked in and he put himself on mute. i raised an eyebrow as he talked. he suddenly unmuted himself, "aight. i gotta go."

"where you goin?"

"24," he replied and i nodded. "i love you."

"you too." i said hanging up.