Chapter 1

It was a normal Sunday morning for a girl like me. It was cold out so I was in a hoodie and sweatpants watching Pretty Little Liars with my best friend, Selena. I never really partied, I was the 'nerd' but Selena was pretty. Everyone liked her, she was social, and I was the quiet girl who didn't talk at all in class. No one noticed me anyways, I was left with dark blonde hair and blue eyes. Selena was really my only friend. One time last year, Selena got me to go to a party, and she dressed me up like a slut, and then all the boys came crawling, and they got me drunk. It was fine at first, but then they tried to have sex with me, and I left and I knew that was not the lifestyle for me. I just stuck to being a quiet girl in the back of the class.

"Tay?" She waved her hand in front of me.
"Yeah?"
"You were just zoning" She put her brown hair in a ponytail. "Maybe tonight we can go ice skating with a few kids in my backyard"
"Well who are the kids?" I asked.
"Just some cute guys you bailed on at the party last night. They're new and you should meet them, they're really fun" She nudged her elbow in me.
"I don't know, what time?"

"I'll tell you when I visit you at your work, but now I have to go get ready"
"For what? You're gonna miss out on the next episode" I pouted.
"I'm meeting up with some guys, they wanna party for a while" She smirked. "I didn't ask you, I knew you'd say no" She grabbed her winter coat and boots.
"I'll see you later"

I hugged her and she left to go meet up with her drunk boys. I can't get mad, I mean I would've said no anyway. I turned off the tv and put on some Ariana Grande, ugh I love her music. She's a good singer, and my dad says I sound just like her when I sing, but I feel like when I sing everyone stares, and a quiet girl like me doesn't like that. I've always been quiet, it wasn't that party that made me like this, it was my mom. She was my best friend, and she got in a horrible car accident, when I was nine, and I just shut down after that. I stayed quiet for a long time, but I've been working on it. Eight years of quietness, but it's my choice. It was twelve o'clock, and that meant work. I put on my jeans, my black boots, my working shirt, and my winter coat. I started walking to my work in the freezing New York City.