Unconditional Love Chapter 4

"Hey Leo, Papa and Daddy are back. We've missed you." Dean said. This is Leo's third week of being here. He should've never been there in the first place. Both Seth and Dean should've baby-proofed the house more. They're definitely looking into that. This can't happen again, it won't happen again! All Seth could think about was if this was all his fault?

"Leo baby please wake up. We need a sign to know that you can hear us and-" Seth stopped mid-sentence; he could've sworn Leo just squeezed his hand a little. "Leo if you can hear us squeeze my hand." Seth continued on as he and Dean watched Leo's hand.

They felt a small and weak squeeze, one you could barely feel, but he did it! Leo hears them. Tears of joy fell down both the men's faces. Leo was slowly beginning to wake up. This was a step, a sign.

"Dean can you go get a doctor?" Seth asked, not taking his eyes off Leo. Dean got up and left the room. "I love you Leo.. Daddy and I miss you. Everyone misses you. I'm sorry for everything. I'm-" after that Seth broke into tears. He couldn't help it. "I'm a bad parent I'm sorry." Seth said not letting go. Seth closed his eyes just to let the tears fall. As that happens Leo's eyes opened and he used to his free hand to take the tube out his mouth, slowly and shakily.

"Papa" Leo said in a groggy voice. Seth's eyes lit up with joy. Leo was up and he was talking. Seth was too shocked to say anything so he just stared at Leo. While this was going on Dean and doctor were by the door, just watching on. "Papa, you's not bad papa. I love you." Leo continued and Seth listened. Seth bend over and hugged Leo. Leo hugged back and saw his dad by the door. "Daddy" Leo said and Dean rushed to his side. All the doctors and nurses watched on as they started clapping. Leo was the youngest in the hospital to ever be in a coma. So this was an exciting moment for everyone.

-
1 month later;

School's out and Leo was happy. Who isn't happy when school ends? Everything really went back to normal after Leo got out of the hospital. They stayed with Dean for a while before going back. Dean had returned back to work but he was planning on taking Leo to the beach for his first time soon. Dean always use to go to the beach to escape his family. His family was the worst of them all. Dad in jail and mom in and out of rehab. Sister couldn't take it so she committed suicide.

Seth family however, is planning on coming over. Seth calls them to told them about everything that happens. Last time they were over was when Leo was 1 and when Dean first moved out. They all moved to a different state and they weren't able to see each other as often as they used to. Seth's relationship with his family was way different than Dean's.

Seth was with Leo and getting him ready for his day out with Dean. Leo was ecstatic to go to the beach for the first time. It would be a new experience that he knew he would enjoy. Once Leo was all set Seth brought him downstairs. Dean was waiting outside the house just getting out of his Honda. He made his way to the front door and as soon as he was in front of it he trang the doorbell.

Seth heard this and smiled at Leo before opening the door.

"Hey Dean, Leo's all ready to go" He said looking at the taller male in front of him. Dean gave him a questioning look

"Aren't you coming too?" He asked. Seth was a bit surprised at the question. He didn't expect going but he quickly answered.

"Uh I didn't expect to go but I will. Let me get my things. Come inside." Seth said allowing Dean in. Seth went upstairs and got his shorts that he swims in. Luckily they still fit. Seth hasn't been to the beach in over 4 years. All dressed and ready to go. Seth walked downstairs and saw Dean and Leo on the couch. They were both so happy to see each other, both smiling. Seth couldn't help but to smile too. Dean noticed Seth and he instantly got up.

"Ok guys let's go" Dean said as Leo ran to the front door waiting to get into the car.

'Man he must me really excited for the beach' Seth though to himself.

The car ride wasn't bad. No traffic was involved. Parking wasn't bad either. And when the parking isn't bad that's how you know it's gonna be a good day.

Seth's POV

We picked a perfect place for the beach, right by the water. We settled everything down and Leo was begging to go into the water. Leo ran in front of me and Dean, the water crashing down to his feet. Dean picked Leo up as both laughed. Us three went farther in. Dean holding onto Leo of course.

"Papa why you look up?" Leo asked. He must have noticed I was staring up at sky.

"Oh the birds. They're flying you see Leo." I said pointing at the birds. Leo nodded and smiled.

Leo then scream cause he saw there was seaweed. He's a kid he probably thought it was a sea monster. Dean and I just laughed. It was cute we were both glad to have Leo back with us. After a while Leo went back to where our things were he was playing in the sand no one would take him there's not a lot people around us. Dean and i just stayed in the ocean.  It was good to know that Dean was here and not leaving me to parent alone. It was silent for awhile before he soon spoken.

''I haven't been in a beach in years"

"Since our honeymoon. I haven't been in a beach." I replied turning my head to him. Dean chuckled and smiled.

"Yeah our honeymoon was something. We made a lot of memories... I miss it, it was fun. I miss you. Why did you break up with me? Did i do anything wrong?'' Dean said taking a step closer to me but backed away not wanting to talk about what happened.

''Dean not today please. It's just a lot to explain and not in public. I'll tell you just not today. Respect my decision please." I said as i turned walking to Leo. I don't understand why Dean wants to know so bad. I will tell him just not today. It's not the day for that. I returned to Leo, who was playing in the sand. Dean soon followed and we acted like nothing happen.

-
Ok ok I haven't been uploading and I'm sorry. However, i am going to start again and every other Thursday i will be posting. So next update is November 2. Message me if you have a suggestion I'm all ears😁

Vote & Comment