Chapter 1- So Perfect

"OH MY GOSH! REALLY?!?! Okay! Thank you SO much! Bye!!"

I threw my phone on the bed and jumped around my room screaming.

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe this is happening!!

"Marie I'm on the phone!" My mom said barging through my door. "Please be quiet."

I grabbed my pillow and screamed into to not make as much noise. Tears started flowing down my cheeks. I'm so happy. I am the newest edition to the Magcon family! Well, that is if my mom says I can go. But I don't see any reason why not.

I walked out of my room in search of my mom. She was downstairs in the living room still on the phone.

I ran down the stairs and threw myself onto the couch next to her.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later, honey. Bye," she said into the phone then hung up.

"Mom, guess what!"

"What honey?"

"I just got a call from Bart, the producer of Magcon. He saw how famous my vines are and he wants me to go on tour with them! I can go right?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"I don't know, Marie," she said.

"Mom this is such an amazing opportunity. I can't miss it."

"I know, I know. I'm just not sure if I want you to miss school and I don't think it would be good to send you to another country with a bunch of strangers."

"I can make up all the work I miss from school. And I won't be in America for that long. It only lasts for two weeks, then I'll come back to Canada for a while, then go to the next Magcon convention. Plus I won't be with a bunch of strangers. Shawn will be with me," I said hoping all of that would change her mind.

She let out a sigh. "Okay, fine. I guess you can go."

"Thank you so much!" I exclaimed, giving her a huge hug.

She hugged me back and said, "But you have to be safe and text me everyday."

"I will mom, I promise. I'm going to go tell Shawn then start packing. My flight leaves tomorrow."

I ran up the stairs and grabbed my phone off of my bed to dial Shawn's number.

"Hey, Marie. What's up?" He asked in his perfect voice.

I wished we could be more than friends.

"I have some awesome news!"

"Great. What is it?"

"I'm coming to Magcon with you!" I yelled into the phone.

"Are you serious?" He exclaimed.

"Yes!"

"That's amazing, but you know it doesn't surprise me. Your vines are amazing. You're a very talented singer," he said.

"Thank you," I blushed. Thank goodness he can't see me right now. I'm smiling like an idiot.

"No problem, beautiful," he said.

See this is the problem with us. I have a major crush on Shawn but I'm positive he doesn't feel the same about me. Even though he calls me beautiful and angel, I'm pretty sure he's just trying to be nice and make me feel good about myself. I really wish that wasn't the case.

"Help me pack?" I asked him.

"Yeah I'll be there in a few. After could you help me pack too?"

"Of course!" I said getting a little too excited.

"Thanks. Be there soon."

"Okay, bye!" I hung up the phone with a huge smile on my face.

After about five minutes, the doorbell rang.

I raced down the stairs. Before opening the door, I decided to check my appearance one last time. I quickly made sure my hair looked nice and there was nothing on my face in the mirror next to the door. I quickly opened the door and smiled.

There he stood. Why was he so perfect? He took my breath away. He was dressed in jeans and a white t-shirt with a red flannel over it. He was wearing dark shades and he just looked amazing.

After a few seconds of me staring at him he stepped in to give me hug. He wrapped his arms around me and I wrapped mine around his neck. He had to bend down to hug me. There was a huge height difference between us. I was only 5'2".

I decided to break the silence between us. "Hey. I've missed you," I smiled.

"I missed you too. Even though I just saw you a few days ago," he whispered in my ear.

I giggled.

We broke from the hug and went upstairs to start packing.