Chapter 25- Promises

Important authors note at the end of this chapter. Please read!

-----------------------------------------------------

Marie's POV

"See you soon."

"Bye."

I put my phone down and sighed. I was currently in nike shorts and an oversized t shirt with a messy bun on top of my head.

I walked to my closet and searched through it quickly. I only had about 25 minutes before walking to the park, so I needed to hurry.

I chose black ripped skinny jeans and a cute white and gold baseball tee. I let down my hair and brushed it, putting on a white and gold flower halo to match my white and gold sandals.

I sprayed on some perfume, grabbed my keys and went downstairs.

"I'm going to the park, mom!" I yelled and shut the door before she had time to ask questions.

As I walked to the park, I thought about what Shawn wanted to talk about. I had no idea what it was and I was getting a little anxious.

When I got to the park, I didn't see Shawn so I sat on a bench by the trees and waited for him.

It wasn't too long until I saw him walking toward me with his guitar case in one hand and his red Magcon hoodie in the other.

He was wearing a black polo and khakis. I noticed he was also wearing his black studs that I loved. His hair was a little messy, but the perfect kind of messy.

I couldn't help but smile as he made his way over to me with a smile on his face as well.

He put his guitar and hoodie under a tree by the bench and sat down.

This reminded me of the time we sang at the park, where the whole mess started. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have let those girls bother me. They were just jealous. But I let my insecurities get the best of me. And that changed everything.

"So what's up? What did you wanna talk to me about?" I asked.

I started to get a little nervous.

Why did Shawn need to talk to me here? Why couldn't he come to my house? Why didn't he talk to me earlier when I was at his house?

He took a deep breath.

"Marie, I'm sorry about what I said. I was wrong. I was thinking way too hard about it and I couldn't be more wrong. I love you, and nothing's gonna change that."

My eyes widened at what he just said. Something told me this is what he wanted to talk about, but I was hoping it wasn't. I needed more time to think it through.

Why does this have to be so hard?

I don't know what I want right now. This is all so complicated and I need more time to think.

"Shawn, we've been over this. We're not in love", I said.

I might just be lying to myself by saying that, but what else am I supposed to say?

"Maybe you aren't, but I am."

I sighed.

I honestly felt like screaming.

This is exactly how I felt two weeks ago, but as soon as I make up my mind that Shawn was right, he's saying he was wrong.

I wanna tell him to make up his damn mind, but I need to make up mine too. I mean, I have changed my mind a lot.