Chapter 16- Whipped

Shawn's POV

I couldn't help but replay the words she said to me:

"We can, just not in public."

What the hell was that supposed to mean? Was she embarrassed of me or something?

I knew that what those girls said about Marie while we were singing got to her. I knew she was affected by it. I wanted to stop the song and tell them to stop talking about her like that, but I knew that Marie wouldn't like that, so I kept singing. I knew that was the reason why she stopped singing, but I wasn't expecting her to say what she said to me. It wasn't necessary.

Before I could open the door to my hotel room, someone grabbed my bear shoulder and I turned around.

"How did you get up here so fast?" I asked.

"The stairs", Marie said out of breath.

"You ran up 6 flights of stairs?"

She nodded.

"Why?" I asked.

She ignored my question. "Shawn, I'm sorry."

I rolled my eyes at her.

"No you're not"

"Yes, I am", she argued.

"No, you're not! If you didn't mean what you said at the park earlier, you wouldn't have said it in the first place. I know you're not sorry. Or at least not yet. You need to take some time to think about what I said", I said to her. And I meant it.

"But", she started but I cut her off.

"Just think about it, and when you're actually ready to apologize, you know where to find me", I said.

I turned back around, stepped in my room and locked the door behind me without a simple goodbye.

Was I being a little too harsh? I don't know. Maybe just a little. I'll apologize tomorrow.

...

I hopped into the limo and put in my earbuds. I haven't spoken to Marie since yesterday. She made me angry with the stuff she said, and it hurt. But I had a terrible night without her last night. I'm so used to having her right next to me when I'm asleep, and her not being there was awful.

I know I told her to think about what happened and apologize later, but I think I might be the one apologizing first.

I feel like I shouldn't give in so fast, but maybe she didn't mean to say what she said. Maybe I was just overreacting. I didn't even give her a chance to speak. She said she wanted to talk to me but I never gave her the chance. I guess I owe her that.

Somebody nudged my shoulder and I turned my head to look at them.

"We're here", Nash said.

I got out of the limo and walked into the hotel lobby. We had just come from a Magcon convention. I met a lot of fans and it was fun, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I always do. Marie and I sang some duets, but they weren't our best. I think the fans noticed that there was something going on between us.

When I got to my hotel room, I decided to get my mind off of Marie by watching some TV with Matt, Cam and Nash.

Cam flipped through the channels to find something to watch while I picked at my fingers, trying to get her off of my mind. The harder I try, the harder it is to get her out of my head.

"Spongebob!!" Matt yelled.

I laughed at how childish he was. He's like a 16 year old 2ng grader. Spongebob was his all time favorite show, and the only person that ever watches it with him is Marie.

Dammit.

"No, Matt! We're not watching Spongebob", Nash said.

"Why not? You never wanna watch Spongebob! And I don't know why. It's freaking hilarious", Matt told him.

"It's for little kids."

"You're never too old to watch Spongebob", he replied.

Nash sighed and Cam flipped through more channels until he chose MMA fighting.

Yes!

After a few minutes, Nash, Cam and I were yelling and screaming. I could tell Matt was getting bored.

"Well, I'm bored! I'm gonna go watch Spongebob in the other room", Matt said.

That only made me think of Marie.

Maybe I should go apologize to her. I obviously can't get her out of my head and to be honest, I don't wanna be fighting with her. I wanna hold her. I just want her next to me.

I guess I'll go to her room to work things out.

I got up and before I could put my hand on the door, Cameron spoke. "Where are you going?"

"Umm... To talk to Marie", I told him.

"I thought you were gonna let her come to you first", Nash said.

"Well I was, but", I didn't know how to finish the sentence without sounding desperate.

"Dude, your whipped", Nash said.

I rolled my eyes. "No I'm not."

"Yes you are!" Cam and Nash replied at the same time.

"I'm not whipped, I'm in love. But you two wouldn't know what that feels like", I said and opened the door.

I heard them both laugh before I shut the door behind me and headed to Marie's room. When I got there, Mahogany wasn't there and Marie was in the shower. I decided to wait on the bed for her.

As soon as I heard the water stop, I noticed something on her nightstand.

I picked it up just as she walked out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

"What the hell is this?!" I asked holding it up.

Her eyes widened and she cursed under her breath.