Chapter 2- Brunette Boy

I grabbed my orange suitcase from my closet and started throwing clothes in. Shawn was sitting on my bed. I felt his eyes on me as I packed. Was something on my face? Why is he staring at me?

I looked up and our eyes locked. His beautiful light brown eyes stared into my dark ones intensely. He smiled at me, which made me smile as well. I looked down at my feet and grinned like an idiot. Oh the things that boy could do to me.

I felt his finger on my chin, lifting my head up, forcing me to look into those gorgeous eyes of his.

"You're beautiful. You know that, right?" He asked.

I felt like I was going to melt. Every time he touched me I got weak. I couldn't help but get lost in those soft brown eyes. And that smile. Gosh his smile.

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. I tried to break from his gaze but he just lifted my head up again.

"Look at me," he whispered softly. "Marie, you're beautiful."

I gave him a small smile. "Thanks," I said.

"You're the most beautiful girl in the world. You're so talented, and sweet, and thoughtful."

God I wanted to kiss him so badly, but I couldn't. He was being incredibly sweet, but I'm sure he was just trying to make me feel good about myself. If I kissed him, he wouldn't kiss me back.

"Marie, I..." he was cut off by a loud ring. I really wanted to hear what he was going to say.

We broke from each other's stares and looked around to see who's phone was ringing. It was Shawn's.

He picked up the phone and looked at it, rolling his eyes.

"Hi, Aaliyah," he said in a very annoyed tone.

I laughed.

"Alright. Love you too. Bye," he said, then hung up the phone.

He looked kind of disappointed. I guess it was because he didn't get to finish what he was gonna say to me.

"Did your sister need something?" I asked.

"Nope. She just wanted me to tell you she says hi."

I laughed. "Oh okay."

"Well let's finish packing," he said.

After about 30 minutes we were done. I grabbed my suitcase, my purse, and a jacket and we headed out my door.

"Let me get that for you," he said grabbing my suitcase.

"Thanks."

We walked down stairs and I saw my mom sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hey mom. I'm going to Shawn's house to help him pack and I'll just spend the night there. Then we're leaving for our flight in the morning," I informed her.

"Okay. Text me when you're at the airport and when you get to Nashville. Be smart. Don't get into any trouble. Spend your money wisely. Be safe and text me everyday," my mom said pulling me into a hug.

Jeez I'm 15. I'll be fine.

"Okay mom."

"And Shawn, take care of my daughter," she said.

"Yes ma'am. I promise I won't let anything happen to her," he said in his perfect voice.

"Okay. I'm trusting you," she warned him. "I love you. Bye, honey."

" Love you too, mom. Bye."

Shawn and I walked out the door and to his house, which was about 3 minutes away from mine.

We got to his house and went up to his room. I helped him pack for Nashville, then had dinner with him, his mom and his sister.

Later I fell asleep in the guest room with a brunette boy on my mind. I wished I was next to him at that moment.