Chapter 17- My Fault

Marie's POV

When I walked out of the bathroom, Shawn was standing by my bed. He looked pissed.

"What the hell is this?!" he asked holding up the business card I got from that guy at the park.

"Shit", I said under my breath. "Uhmm... Yesterday, when we were leaving the park, a guy stopped me", I paused for a moment and then continued, my voice shaking. "H-he said we were really good, and to give him a call. And that he wanted to sign us", I said very slowly.

With each word I said he got even more pissed. The worst part was that I was gonna apologize when I got out of the shower. But now he's pissed.

He stood there and looked at me for a few seconds. "You weren't gonna tell me were you?" he asked.

I thought for a little bit. I wasn't planning on telling him, but I didn't want him to know that.

"I- I was", I stuttered, my voice getting high pitched.

Dammit.

He scoffed. "Marie, you're a terrible liar", he said.

I looked down at my shoes to avoid eye contact with him.

"Why wouldn't you tell me? This is important!" he yelled.

"I know, I just... I was scared."

"Why?!" he asked.

"Because I didn't want to get hate, Shawn. So many people don't like the fact that I sing with you. They don't like the fact that you're my boyfriend and it gets to me."

"Well if you're so worried about what other people think of us, then maybe I shouldn't be your boyfriend", he said. He looked like he was about to cry.

A tear slipped out of my eye and my bottom lip was trembling. "Shawn, please don't. I know it was stupid, but we can still call him. It's not too late", I said stepping closer, only for him to step back.

"That's not the point, Marie!" he yelled. "You keep missing the point! I'm not mad because we haven't called the guy yet! And I'm not mad because you kept it from me. It's the fact that you were going to continue to keep it from me, and the fact that you lied! You lied about what happened with Carter and you promised you wouldn't do it again! But you did. I love you, Marie, but I can't be with someone who's gonna continuously lie to me about important things like this", he said and left the room.

I ran after him, tears flowing down my cheeks.

"Shawn! Please don't, we can fix this", I cried.

"How? I gave you a second chance! But I don't give third chances, Marie! We're done", he said and went to his room, slamming the door behind him.

I stood there for a few minutes crying, not really sure what happened. I knew that he broke up with me, but I didn't want to believe it. I never thought that this would happen. But the worst part was that it was my fault.

I was the stupid one. I'm the one who lied. I'm the reason why we're not a couple anymore. But he's the one who just broke my heart.

But I guess that's what happens when you fall in love. I gave my fragile heart to him, only to have him shatter it. And no matter how hard I try to fix it, to fix this situation, it's not gonna work. Shawn doesn't wanna talk to me. Or listen to me.

I just had to go and let those dumb girls get to me. If I would've just continued with the song without giving a damn about what they said, we wouldn't be in this situation. We would be on our way to being signed by a record label. But I let my insecurities get the best of me. I screwed it up.

Shawn's POV

I walked into my room to find Cam and Nash standing right next to the door trying to act casual.

"Were you guys listening to our conversation?" I asked.

"Maybe", Cam replied.

I rolled my eyes and plopped on my bed.

"I'm sorry, man. But it's gonna get better", Nash told me.

I nodded my head. I didn't feel like talking.

"Look, I know you're upset and all but I just wanna say that Marie loves you more than anything. I know she does. And whatever she lied about was out of complete stupidity. She probably didn't think about what she was doing. Had she thought about it, she wouldn't have lied. She didn't mean to hurt you, she just wasn't thinking", Cam said.

"Yea but that's the problem. She didn't think, and she probably didn't think the last time", I told him.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well I'm gonna go talk to her now. She needs a friend", Cam said.

"I'll stay with you if you want", Nash said.

I shook my head. "Nah it's fine. I wanna be alone.

They both nodded and as soon as the door shut behind them, I let the tears rush down my cheeks.

After a few minutes I decided it was enough. I can't cry over a girl I just started dating like a month ago. I've known her almost my whole life, but she's only been my girlfriend for about a month out of those 10 years. I don't completely want her out of my life, but I don't think she can be a huge part of it like she was before.

I got up and grabbed my water bottle and my duffel bag and left the room to go to the gym.

When I walked out of the door I saw Cameron carrying Marie to her room, Nash walking beside them. She looked like she was asleep.

I was so mad at her, words couldn't even describe it. But the sight of her sleeping made my anger fade away slowly. She looked so gorgeous and peaceful in her sleep. It made me smile a little.

I wanted to go over and give her a kiss on the cheek, but I couldn't. I said we were done and I wasn't giving in this time. Not at all.