Chapter 31

A/N: I wanna say thanks for those that had been patience with me. Thank you. And before you say anything, I know Zeref is known as the black mage, but 'black demon' have a better ring to it ;p  and I'm sticking to it for numerous reasons. And you'll find out later on in the book.

Please enjoy? 😢

Sounds of screams. Sounds of frustration. Sounds of struggle. Sounds of misery. Lucy could hear all of these with the enhanced hearing that she borrowed from one of her spirits. Her friends from Fairy Tail were evidently struggling, but they weren't giving up. This gave the young blonde hope.

As the fight between her and Mard Geer continued, Lucy noticed how the demon was getting impatience, yet grinning with an unforeseen event that is about to take form. Her hair stood up in a frenzy, indicating that something bad was going to happen, making her more guarded and anxious toward the impending catastrophe. 

"If you think you can beat me, you're wrong! Once I reclaim Zeref, and revive him, he'll destroy all that oppose him, including you!" Mard Geer sneered, landing another attack on the blonde.

Lucy remained quiet as the demon rambled, not truly up to date on the status of their so called Zeref. She assumed that he abandoned them if they didn't know that Zeref had always been alive and awake.

"Worry about yourself, rather than trying to summon someone who does not want to be summoned." Lucy gritted her teeth in frustration as she encased her fist in a golden light and quickly landed a strategic punch to where it would deal the most damage according to he calculations from her short spam of observation of battle.

Fists and magic colliding in an unruly manner, blood and sweat displaying their resolve and determination to be the victor of the fight. The unwavering conviction of refusing to lose to the hands of their enemy. 

Lucy 's mission is to ensure the survival of her home, her birthplace. And to stop the forces of those that wishes to destroy the happiness of what it provides. 

Mard Geer resolves nothing else than to be by his faceless master, and to restore the order of destruction. The way that things should had been, instead of the world being dominated and run by lowly people with weak magic.

An explosion was then heard and seen from the distance, interrupting the fight between the two powerful mages. Both Mard Geer and Lucy immediately knew what it was.

The FACE was destroyed. The blonde smiled and turned to her enemy, only to see that he was smirking. 

"All of that effort, and you could destroy only one FACE." The demon smirked, knowing the true form of FACE.

Lucy mentally told herself to pay the council... wait they're dead. Well that means they won't be creating any more powerful meaningless weapons. The enemies will eventually find out about them and use them for themselves. 

"We'll destroy as many FACE as we need to." Lucy cracked her knuckles and readied her magic in a offense mode.

Mard Geer did the same and sneered at the blonde. It's been so ling since he had so much fun. Especially since he had discarded his emotions.

Then there was this weird painful sensation. Lucy found herself on her knees, clutching her stomach, as if something was trying to claw itself out of her stomach. Mard Geer watched in surprise, deciding to wait and see what happens next.

Amidst the pain that Lucy felt, her vision was going dark, visions of an lost era coming into place. Visions of the era of dragons.

"Unleash the power."

"Unlock the power."

"Open the door, and we'll fight."

"All you need to do is let it go."