Chapter 35

A/N: This point onward, the last arc will not happen has it did in the manga/anime, so don't expect the ending to be the same. It'll be sad. But it'll be happily ever after. Similar to Lucy losing Aquarius sadness. (The only teaser I'm willing to throw at ya hehe)

After Zeref's taunting and Mavis' words, Lucy had came up with a dangerous plan. Gray had infiltrated a dark guild called Avatar. From that infiltration, Lucy realized how much of a treat Zeref had planned. The plan Avatar had wasn't so bad, but Lucy knew better. Zeref is better than this.

They're just pawns. Expendable. And Lucy needs to figure out what Zeref plans to do to them. Have them be exploding soldiers like he did with Hades?

The young stressed blonde stood alone in the large room, overlooking the map on the table. Trying to find a best way to defeat Zeref without anyone dying. But deep inside, she knows that there has to be some casualties, but she dared to try to find a way around that.

"Maybe a night sleep will do you some good."

Lucy perked up at the sound of a familiar voice. She turned around to see Master Makarov standing at the doorway, looking just as tired as she was. "No rest for the wicked, so no rest for me."

Makarov chuckled a little before growing serious. "I need to tell you something."

Sensing the sudden tone in his voice, Lucy leaned against the table and waited for the old man to talk.

"Normally I shouldn't even tell you this. However with everything we had gone through, what you had gone through, I believe it's time to show you."

"Show me?" Lucy asked.

"Makarov and I had a little debate on whether or not we should tell you." Another voice chimed in,

Lucy turned around to see a sneaky little ghost. Her eyes going from the ghost to the old man, easily guessing what they wanted to talk about. Their expression are easy to read."If it's about whatever's beneath the guild, I already know."

"I suppose it's one of the benefits of your growing power." Makarov dryly chuckled, covering his surprised look.

The young blonde nodded and turned to Mavis. "Going to tell me everything this time?"

The young ghost nodded sternly, filled with determination to reveal what was promised.

Lucy sighed and leaned a bit more onto the table. "Alright then. I sense this will be a long discussion. So let's sit and talk. Oh.... wait you can't." Lucy glared at the ghost.

Mavis gave the blonde an emotionless look as she stood still. Makarov's eyes grew large at Lucy's words in ager, but opted to say nothing. He knew full well that her anger was well justified. This was between Lucy and Mavis.

No need to get in between.

Lucy sighed and brought out the amulet that she had received from Zeref and placed it on the table. "This is your chance to tell me about this amulet. You spoke of a dragon slayer. You know who?"

Mavis moved her eyes to the amulet. "A powerful, yet ancient dragon slayer. He's no friend, but he's no foe. Not to you at least."

The young blonde straightened herself and stepped closer to the ghost. "For a very long time, I had played the prophecy game. It's riddles, vague answers and questions. I had enough of it!" Lucy clenched her fists hard that it became white. "I am tired of this shit. So god help me, and tell me exactly what the damn amulet is for. No more games."

Lucy normally doesn't let her emotions pour out like this. But in all honesty, she was slowly breaking. All of these uncertainties, all of the questions left unanswered, and leaving more questions than answers. It was slowly unraveling Lucy to the core. And she had enough.