Chapter 34

*Appears out of nowhere and dropped this story out of my bag and disappears again*

JK, sorry I've been gone so long. You know...Life. Self-loathing. Shit like that. But Here Ya Go. Enjoy the story. 

;3 

In different scenarios with different circumstances, she wouldn't be filled with frustration has she is right now. But all she can feel is abandonment. The person in front of her was probably the only person that knows Lucy's entire predicaments. Lucy wanted to rely on Mavis, but she was no where to be found. And that had made it extra hard on Lucy's journey.

Reliance quickly turned to anger as Lucy continued to walk alone for seven years. The young blonde stood still in front of the young ghost. "Mind telling me where you been?"

 "My magic had been weak. I wasn't able to manifest myself." Mavis explained. As if that explained everything. But the young mage wasn't having it, not in the slightest.

Lucy huffed before holding out the amulet in front of her. "I assume you know of Zeref's declaration of war?" 

Mavis nodded her head. "I've known for a very long time that he been planning for destruction of mankind."

Lucy lowered the amulet and pocketed it before walking toward the ghost. "What other secrets do you have left in that little head of yours?"

"I may be dead, but I'm still the founder of your guild. I'm trying to help you." Mavis sternly spoke, unfazed by Lucy's anger.

Lucy bent down a little to look Mavis in the eyes. "Like you helped me or the guild after the island incident. I haven't seen a trace of you. Not in the slightest."

"I had spent most of my magic to protect my family from that dragon. If not for me, they would've been dead." Mavis frowned. "I'm sorry if I wasn't there when you needed me. But I'm here now."

One thing that hurts Lucy the most is being abandoned. Her mother did, but her knew the reason why. Her father did, but she also knew why. Seems like she was destined to be abandoned. But no matter, she had learned one thing, and that was just to keep moving forward. Lucy was and still is alive. All she can really do is work to stop the upcoming war and end the prophecy that had controlled her entire life. 

She stood back up and sighed. "What past is past. It's all in the past now. Now help me." 

Of course this didn't mean that she trusts her again. But Lucy needed all the help she needs to keep her friends and the people she loves alive. 

"Of course."

...

"Is it true?" Sting asked with a stern look.

Sting had been wondering about it for a long time and Lucy had refused to answer it. No matter how annoying he asked. So he decided to risk his life by asking the strawberry cake lover, hoping to get the answer.

"What?" Erza asked questioningly as she sat in her chair trying to read a book about how to charm a certain someone sexually.

"You know... the thing?" Sting gestured with his hands that made no sense what so ever. It looked like he was gesturing swishing boobs. But then it looked like someone was hitting someone with something hard. 

"I'm confused." Erza scratched her head confusingly. 

"Sting is wanting to know if you..." Rogue started, but stopped himself as he couldn't bring himself to finish the question. 

Erza stood, wondering what's so important. "What's going on? Is Lucy okay?" Her mind started thinking about the worst scenario that Lucy might be in. 

Hisue then walked in when she heard the last part with Minerva. "Oh she's fine." She took a seat next to Sting.

Sting started getting nervous, really wanting an answer and started sprouting nonsense. "Books are just dead tattooed trees!".

Erza took a moment to let that set in. "Poor trees. They must've been drunk to get tattooed and to be turned into books. They got what they deserved."

"Books! And fertilized eggs! Bang!" Sting yelled clapping his hands together at the word of 'Bang'.

Erza stared at the young dragon slayer. "Okay?"

"You need a rooster and a hen right? To get fertilized eggs."

Hisue, Rouge, and Minerva was snickering quietly as Sting was rambling, with Erza growing confused by the minute. 

"Is this some kind of inside joke?" Erza asked.

"Or maybe you need eggs thrown at you?" Sting seriously asked himself.

"Do it and I'll break your back." Erza threatened with a deadly glare.

Minerva soon realized what Sting was trying to ask and sat on the table next to Erza. "What's Sting is really trying to ask is if you and Lucy ever slept together."

"Of course we had. During missions we shared the same bed to save the money. Cheaper that way." Erza crossed her arms.

Minerva laughed a little and then moved to whisper in Erza's ear. "They wanna know if you f***ed her."

Erza took a moment to process this before blushing.

"N-No..."

The room was suddenly filled with laughter as Erza turned redder.

The door suddenly slammed open, the young blonde walking in, completely oblivious to what's happening in the room. "War is close."

I AM HERE TO INFORM YOU THAT THE BROADCAST HAD BEEN INTERRUPTED BY A LITTLE MIXED DISTURBANCE AND WILL HAVE TO CANCEL THE STORY. HAVE A GREEN DAY!

JK, PROCEED TO THE STORY ;)

...

"Dragons and dragon slayers. You know something about that don't you Mavis?" Lucy had figured that the survival of dragon slayers had to do something with her mother. And it had to be linked to her somehow.

"The powers of the dragon are intertwined within the dragon slayers. And the powers of the dragon slayers are intertwined with your fate. Your mother made sure of it."

Lucy stared at Mavis for a moment, letting the last sentence sink in. "My mother made sure of it?" She wondered how she did it. 

"You been blessed with a wonderful mother. She came to me, and requested my help. To help you." 

Lucy continued to stare at the little blonde. 

"Your mother also told me many other things that will significantly help you in your battle against Zeref and the prophecy. Like how the pure essence of the drgaon's power rest in that amulet you hold."

Lucy frowned and held the amulet up, staring at its radiant colors and its emitting light. "How do I use it?"

"A dragon slayer will know the answer to that." 

The blonde wished what that meant. "Then why did Zeref give it to me?"

"Zeref is many things. He's a teaser, and a manipulator when he wants to be. He willingly gave you that amulet to give you a sense of victory when he has a much more powerful strategy up his sleeve to wipe you all."

Lucy understood it, It was dirty, but wars are sometimes meant to be bloody and filled with casualties. 

But one thing was clear. War is coming faster than she realized. She needed to get ready. But that's the problem, she still doesn't have all 88 keys. And she doesn't even know what happens when she does collect them all. The prophecy just told her to collect all 88 keys. So vague and unhelpful. 

One of the perks of being controlled by a prophecy, to be left in the unknown.

A/N: Again, sorry for the long delay. My life sucks