Chapter 23 - Heart-to-Heart

Ariel stood forlorn at the sight of Rico helping carry Angel's luggage into the car boot. It was Angel's last day and she was already feeling hollow without her kitchen companion.

"Ready to go, sir?" Rico asked Angel.

"Give me a minute," said Angel.

Today, he would be flying off to Vancouver to start his new life. He appreciated Ariel's dedication in writing down for him her special recipes and teaching him gourmet meals, skills that will be useful in his new life. Since the argument at the pool, he and Leon managed to resolve their issues amicably, but his brother remained stubborn with the way he acted around Ariel.

"Gonna miss you, man. Take care and call me when you reach," Leon gave him a big hug.

"Me too. Keep in touch," said Angel. "Don't be so busy that you don't call."

"No worries, this time I won't," he assured him.

"Good."

Angel walked over to Ariel and gave her his tightest farewell hug, which she returned and was not willing to let go.

"Thanks so much for everything, I'm gonna miss all your food. You got my number, yeah?"

"Yes, I do. And thank you for being such a delightful disciple. Your angelic presence will surely be missed," Ariel sighed. Angel chuckled and patted her back. He caught a glimpse at his brother's unhappy expression. Smirking, Angel whispered into Ariel's ear, "However my bro's treating you, don't take it to heart. He has the hots for you."

"W-what?! What do you mean?"

"Give me a goodbye kiss and you'll soon find out," he flashed a cheeky smile and tapped his cheek with his finger, but Ariel hesitated as much as she was confused.

"Look!" Angel widened his eyes and pointed over her shoulder. Ariel turned her head to see what was behind, but there was nothing special going on. Leon was confused at what his brother was trying to do. When she turned her head back, she was startled to find her lips immediately touched Angel's cheek as he purposely placed his cheek too near her.

"Oh, that was such a wonderful kiss!" he mocked an expression of surprise and quickly kissed her on her cheek.

"Angel!" Ariel smacked his shoulder and he laughed silly. She later broke into a laugh with him.

Leon was astounded and livid at what he just saw that his teeth clenched.

Once he sat inside the car, Angel waved his final goodbye. Ariel refused to stop waving until the car was no longer in sight. With her eyelids lowered and a sad frown, she went back up to the penthouse with Leon and the bodyguards.

"Missing your boyfriend already?" Leon sneered.

"You mean Angel? Yes...I mean, no. N-NO h-he's not my boyfriend! And yeah, I do miss him very much already," Ariel fumbled with her words. She was still confused with Angel's last words, not knowing if it was another one of his jokes.

"Really? What did my brother whisper to you in your ear?"

"Huh? Mm...nothing. Just one of his jokes."

"Joke? I didn't see you laugh. Rather, you look shocked and scared by what he just said. So, tell me, what exactly did he say to you?"

Suddenly, he pinned her to the wall and leaned towards her so closely that their noses almost touched, staring intently into her eyes, "Miss Lee, are you trying to be funny here? Because I'm not amused," he said dangerously.

Frightened, Ariel looked away from his cold stare and tried to free herself, but he was too strong. Was he suspicious of her in any way?

"Don't struggle or I promise it'll be more painful. Tell me now, if you want to keep your job," Leon clenched his teeth and tightened his grip around her upper arms.