Chapter 55 - Ultimatum

"Yes I am," the man said calmly without an expression of surprise, as if in expectation. "It's been a long time, Ariel. You've not aged one bit, but you've changed...blossomed into this pretty little flower," he leaned closer and caressed her face but she jerked her head away.

"Go away! Don't you dare touch me or let me see you again!" she hurried back to her seat without turning around to see his reaction.

Why did he have to appear all of a sudden, out of nowhere? So, all these good food is a result of his catering company?

Ariel instantly lost her appetite, totally unaware of Leon's stalking gaze on her from afar.

------------

Leon returned to the table after the last music track ended, feeling just as troubled as Ariel was. Who was that man who dared to touch her just like that? If that pervert came across his direction, he would get even with him straight away! Yet, it looked as if she recognised him.

Ariel was obviously distressed and paid no attention to the theatre performances that ensued once everyone gathered back into their seats. The food that she was diving in heartily earlier was now being snubbed at. Her eyes darted across the ballroom to see if that man followed her, but he was no where in sight. Her mind was spinning in disarray.

Just then, the vibration of her phone distracted her.

Are you ok? You look troubled.

Her eyes widened to see that it was from Leon, who was looking straight across at her with concern while Jasmine and the rest of the diners at the table were mesmerised by the performances. He was messaging her in secret under the table. She typed back:

Ariel: I'm fine.

Leon shook his head at her.

Leon: U're not. Who's that guy?

Ariel: U saw?

Leon: Who's he?

Ariel: He's nobody

Leon: Liar

He raised a brow at her with that you-can't-fool-me look, causing her to drop her jaw in disgust. Both of them exchanged glances of expressions with each message:

Ariel: Why don't u pay attention to ur gf?

Leon: She's not my gf, u know that

Ariel rolled her eyes at him.

Leon: So tell me, why did he touch u? U 2 seem to know each other

Ariel: None of your business

Leon: U're drawing men everywhere to u like a magnet, u know that? Hiroshi, the buffet table guy....no wonder. Can't blame them for wanting a piece of u

The insensitive remark felt like a slap to her face. "Magnet"...that's it! "Man-magnet" - the very word he mentioned when he almost sexually assaulted her while he was drunk. The time he stole a kiss from her lips and the way he touched her while they danced - so that was how he still saw her - a whore! Leon continued flashing his heartless smirk at her as Jasmine leaned her head on his shoulder while her hand rubbed his thigh. She was enjoying the show, oblivious to their secret exchanges. All these reminded Ariel seeing him sitting with the attractive ladies at the yacht and his wild behaviour at Roam. How sick!

Unable to bear it any longer, Ariel stood up to leave.

"Where are you going? The show's not over yet." Hiroshi placed his hand on hers.

"I need to go to the ladies," she forced a smile behind glassy eyes and made her way out, as far away as possible from this dreadful place, from Leon, from that man, from everyone.